Toronto Trip and Fall Lawyer
Has a property owner’s carelessness led to your injuries in a trip and fall accident? You may have options for financial compensation to address health care, lost income, and other associated expenses. Don’t shoulder the burden of someone else’s negligence. Act today to protect your rights to fair and sufficient recovery.
At the Preszler Law Firm, our Toronto trip and fall lawyers help injured victims, like you, fight for compensation to address all injury expenses and pain and suffering. Our personal injury lawyers help you determine if you have grounds for legal recourse in a trip and fall claim. You won’t pay any fees unless we successfully recover money for you.
Investigating the Case
Trip and fall accidents often can be attributed to a property owner failing to maintain a safe and hazard-free premises. When this is the case, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Our trip and fall lawyers in Toronto will investigate your case to prove which on-premises hazard caused you to trip, fall, and suffer injury.
Examples of dangerous conditions that might lead to a trip and fall accident include:
- Broken or uneven stairs
- Lack of handrail on a staircase
- Loose carpeting, rugs, tiling, or other hazardous flooring
- Uneven or cracked pavement, walkways, and sidewalks
- Uneven ground
- Unmarked steps and elevation changes
- Poorly designed curbs or manhole covers
- Poor lighting (making it easy to miss obstacles)
- Structural defects
- Cords, wires, or other obstacles on a floor or walkway
Trip and fall accidents easily can lead to strains and sprains. The more serious cases can include injuries like broken bones, torn ligaments, disc herniations, and head injury. In some cases, a victim may even suffer spinal cord trauma or permanent disability. Our lawyers have helped thousands of injured clients throughout the years. We work to address the long-term financial and medical consequences of your trip and fall injury.
Property owners in Ontario are obligated to provide reasonably safe premises, regardless of the time of year or property type. This “duty of care” is intended to protect you from dangerous conditions and minimize the chance of serious injury and death.
Examples of how a property owner may violate the duty of care and jeopardize your safety include:
- Failing to install proper handrails and lighting to ensure tenants can safely access an apartment building’s stairway
- Neglecting to repair a pothole in a busy parking lot or walkway where pedestrians are likely to trip and fall
- Failing to install fencing or barricades around a hole or depression
- Failing to paint a raised trip ledge, step or uneven ground
- Leaving a property in a state of disrepair (failing to fix loose carpeting or broken stairs, neglecting to clear obstructions from walkways or leaving a property in a dangerous state)
You may be eligible for financial compensation if you can prove a property owner’s carelessness caused your trip and fall accident and injury. You must prove negligence occurred to successfully pursue such damages. Your own actions can impact your chance for recovery. These factors demonstrate why having a Toronto trip and fall attorney on your side is so valuable to the integrity of your claim. Our lawyers hold the liable parties accountable for their negligence so you won’t bear the burden of your injury expenses.
Contacting a Toronto Trip and Fall Lawyer
The Preszler Law Firm has more than five decades of experience helping injury victims in Ontario. You may also fill out our Case Evaluation Form. Our Toronto trip and fall lawyers can provide a free, confidential initial consultation to discuss your potential trip and fall accident claim.