When another party allows visitors onto their property, they must provide a reasonable level of safety to not cause harm. After a trip and fall accident, you may be wondering what your legal options are in terms of pursuing financial recovery. At Preszler Injury Lawyers, we provide a free initial consultation to help you understand your rights as you recover from your injuries. Our team may be able to assign liability for your accident and work to have the cost of your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses covered by the responsible party.
To learn more about your legal rights, call Preszler Injury Lawyers today at (416) 364-2000.
Our trip and fall accident lawyers can meet with you in London for a free initial consultation. Call 1-877-573-3563
Property Owners Must Uphold Duty of Care
The Canadian Public Health Association defines duty of care as ‘the responsibility or legal obligation of a person or organization to avoid acts or omissions that could likely cause harm to others.’ Businesses, employers, and property owners must make sure that their premises are clear of any hazards that could injure others. Failure to do so qualifies as negligence.
Some scenarios that may warrant a negligence lawsuit in the wake of a trip and fall accident may include:
- An employer demanded that you work in unsafe conditions that resulted in your injuries.
- A business owner failed to keep their property clear of clutter or spilled liquids that caused a visitor to trip and injure themselves.
- A municipality failed to install handrails or other protective measures designed to prevent a user from falling.
You may not see your particular situation listed here but we still recommend you call us. While you are recovering from your injuries, consider speaking with a London trip and fall accident lawyer to determine whether another party was responsible for your damages.
London Trip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me 1-877-573-3563
Trip And Fall Accidents Are Often Preventable
The risks associated with a trip and fall accident increase as we get older. Reduced bone density, weathered skin, and weakened joints may contribute to the severity of one’s injuries after falling unexpectedly. Some weather conditions, including seasons with heavy snowfall, cause an increase in the amount of reported trip and fall accidents.
There are many measures that premises owners must take to minimize the chances of an accident occurring on their property.
There are preventive measures you can take to deter slips, trips and falls says the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety. These steps include:
- Providing adequate lighting throughout corridors
- Regularly monitoring walkways for debris or clutter
- Installing warning signs for possible safety hazards, such as a change in elevation or uneven steps
- Promptly cleaning up any spills
- Salting icy walkways
- Repairing any loose flooring, such as tiles or carpeting
Those who fail to take these steps to keep others safe could find themselves being held responsible for another party’s injuries. A London trip and fall accident lawyer can start putting your case in motion. Call our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers today at (416) 364-2000.
Steps You May Take Following Your Accident
Right now, you may be wondering what measures you may take on your end to promote your case’s success.
While your legal team may take on all your legal burdens, here are some steps you may want to consider:
- Seek medical attention. No matter how minor your injuries may appear, it is wise to have them documented by a medical professional to prevent any underlying conditions (such as internal bleeding or brain injury) from getting worse. Keep all medical bills and results of imaging scans, as this may be used to demonstrate the extent of your afflictions later in the legal process.
- Take pictures of the accident. If you are physically able, take photographs of where the accident took place, noting any conditions that were present at the time of your fall.
- Refrain from speaking with an insurer. In the days following your accident, you may be approached by an insurance representative offering you a quick settlement. Any amount of recovery you accept from the responsible party’s insurance company may prevent you from seeking additional funds should other complications arise. Only provide the necessary information and then direct them to your London trip and fall accident attorney.
Your legal team may provide you with more information about what you should do on your behalf to promote a smooth legal process.
Injuries Caused by a Trip And Fall Accident
When a trip and fall accident happens, the types of injuries that occur may prevent you from carrying out your normal day-to-day activities.
Some of these injuries may include:
- Skull fracture
- Brain trauma
- Cuts and lacerations
- Broken bones
- A concussion
- Broken tailbone
- Sprains or torn ligaments
You may not see your injury listed here. Promptly seeking medical attention may establish a nexus between yourself and the accident. Speak with a London trip and fall accident attorney today to learn more.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A London Trip And Fall Accident Lawyer Can Help You
While facing a prolonged recovery period, you likely are not eager to take on the legal process by yourself. When you work with Preszler Injury Lawyers, we provide an array of services designed with your best interests in mind.
Examples may include:
- Identifying who was responsible for your accident, which in some cases may involve multiple parties
- Preparing a case that shows how negligence resulted in your injuries
- Collecting and organizing any evidence that supports your case
- Serving as your legal counselor and defender from our first meeting until your case concludes
If your case ends in a favorable judgment or settlement, then you may be eligible to collect awards for:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Long-term rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
You do not need to endure the complications of the legal process without support. To learn more about the services we provide, call Preszler Injury Lawyers today at (416) 364-2000.