Cambridge Personal Injury Lawyer
You may be able to protect yourself financially and obtain the justice you need if you have been hurt by the actions of another person or their inability to act. An experienced Cambridge personal injury lawyer can help you file a personal injury lawsuit if you believe that negligence was a major aspect of your injury.
To get the compensation you seek, your lawyer will need to prove that the other party was responsible for your safety in some way and that they failed to take the responsibility seriously. Attempting to take on another person or company in court can be difficult, but with the aid of a skilled injury lawyer, you can increase your chances of victory significantly.
Establishing Responsibility in Court
As mentioned above, responsibility is a key element of virtually every personal injury case. To win, a Cambridge personal injury lawyer will need to prove that the defendant engaged in a wrongful act that resulted in their client’s injury. There are three primary types of acts that can lead to a personal injury claim:
- Reckless Acts – The responsible party behaves in a manner that completely fails to take the safety of others into consideration. Texting while driving is a perfect example of a reckless act
- Intentional Acts – As the name implies, these acts are intentional and when some individual commits one of these acts, they intend to hurt the victim
- Negligence – If a party fails to act, they can be negligent. For example, if a retail store fails to ensure that their walkways are free of ice after a winter storm, a personal injury claim can be filed against the owners, occupiers, and management if someone falls
Even if the responsible party is being tried in a criminal court, they still have a right to seek justice in a civil court and request compensation for their suffering.
Obtaining Financial Compensation
Accidents can be life-changing, and if the victim is injured severely enough, they may never be able to return to work. This is unfair to the injured party and their family, but if a Cambridge personal injury lawyer can win their client’s case, they may be entitled to compensation for:
- Emotional trauma
- Physical suffering
- Current and future medical expenses
- Loss of income (if they are unable to work)
- Everyday living expenses
- Property damage
If they win their case, the court will determine the size of their award. At any point in time, the defendant or their insurance company may offer them a settlement. A settlement is a sum of money that a plaintiff accepts in exchange for dropping their suit.
An injured individual should never attempt to negotiate with the insurance company without a lawyer present – their primary goal is to get the plaintiff to accept the smallest sum of money possible.
If someone is offered a settlement during proceedings, their lawyer may advise them, but the final decision will be theirs to make.
Working with a Cambridge Personal Injury Lawyer
If you need a reliable and dedicated advocate on your side, you should contact a Cambridge personal injury lawyer as soon as you are ready. They strive to represent all of their clients to the highest of their ability, and they will never stop working for you. Call today to discuss the details of your personal injury case in greater detail.