If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence, the most important thing to focus on is your health. Unfortunately, that can be difficult when you are worried about medical bills, insurance forms, missed time at work, and replacing your damaged car.
Our car accident lawyers can meet with you in Guelph for a free initial consultation. Call (416) 364-2000
Understanding When Negligence Has Occurred
One of the ways a car accident lawyer serving Guelph can strengthen your case is by demonstrating the negligence of the other driver. Negligence of another driver can include the following:
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Distracted driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Not following local driving laws
- Not taking into account adverse weather conditions that inhibit normal driving
- Failing to maintain the safety systems of the vehicle, such as with a faulty braking system or unsafe tires
- Failing to clear snow or ice from windows, allowing the driver to see clearly
- Driving recklessly
These are not the only examples of negligence. Your car accident lawyer can walk you through the evidence and discuss your options as they pertain to holding the negligent party or parties liable for their actions.
Proving Your Case
Proving negligence is not always easy. When we begin working for you, we will follow a series of steps that help us understand the case. Here are some services we perform while researching your accident:
- Studying police reports
- Collecting evidence about the accident, including photos and videos
- Interviewing witnesses to gather evidence to strengthen your case
- Interviewing medical personnel about your injuries
- Hiring an accident reconstruction expert if needed
- Hiring a vocational expert to determine whether your injuries will affect your ability to work in your chosen profession
Contact Preszler Injury Lawyers at 1-800-JUSTICE today. We are ready to begin working on your behalf immediately. We will sit down with you for a free initial consultation to discuss the unique situation you are facing with your car accident case.
Guelph Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (416) 364-2000
Pursuing the Compensation You Deserve
Do not dismiss the severity of any injury you may have suffered in a car accident. An injury that seems minor in the minutes after the crash may develop into something that hinders your quality of life in the future.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Injuries that may occur in a car accident include the following:
- Brain injuries, including concussions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Burns, cuts, and bruises to any part of the body
- Injuries to internal organs in the chest and abdomen
- Permanent injuries to limbs
- Torn ligaments
- Internal bleeding
Potentially Recoverable Damages
While every situation is unique, the victims of car accidents can typically recover compensation for:
- Emergency transportation
- Doctor visits
- Prescription medication to deal with your injuries
- Special equipment to support your body
- Therapy and rehabilitation appointments
- Permanent disability
- Compensation for wages lost immediately after the accident
- Compensation for diminished earning capacity after the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
The injuries you suffered in the accident may continue to affect your life for months and years into the future. Any settlement or judgment you receive should account for these costs, or else you will lose the ability to pursue compensation for them in the future. Count on Preszler Injury Lawyers to help you demonstrate the full cost of your injuries, both now and in the future.
Let Us Begin Working on Your Case Today
When you hire us as your car accident lawyer, we will collect evidence about your injuries to create a strong case for you. We will also deal with the insurance companies on your behalf, ensuring they treat you fairly.
Some of the ways that our team can help with your case include:
- Managing communications on your behalf
- Gathering evidence that demonstrates the at-fault party’s liability
- Showing the full scope of your injuries, losses, and other expenses
- Negotiating for an equitable settlement
- Representing you in court
We will be on your side every step of the way, so you can focus on feeling better.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Time Is Limited
It is important to contact a car accident lawyer serving Guelph as soon as possible for several reasons, but the most significant is probably the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations is a deadline to take legal action against a negligent party. It is also important to know that the statute of limitations has variables that can affect that deadline.
Ontario’s Limitation Act gives you two years from the date of the car accident to file a lawsuit if it becomes necessary. Your lawyer is aware of this deadline and the variables that affect it. He can help you make certain you do not miss your deadline to file.
You Are Not Alone
Nearly 50,000 people are injured annually in Ontario in car crashes. If you or a loved one was injured, you do not need to try to deal with this overwhelming situation on your own.
Instead, contact a car accident lawyer serving Guelph as soon as possible after your crash. The sooner we can begin working on your case, the easier it will be for us to collect the information we need from witnesses while it is fresh in their minds.
Call Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE. We are ready to represent you. We do not charge fees to work on your case until after you have received a settlement or judgment. Contact us, and we will set up a free initial consultation to go over the facts in your case.