Potholes form on roads and sidewalks for a number of reasons, including water buildup and expansion of pavement cracks due to temperature changes. Both large and small potholes can lead to accidents for both drivers and pedestrians. If you suffered injuries due to a pothole, you may be eligible to collect compensation from one or more responsible parties.
At Preszler Injury Lawyers, we have a client-first philosophy, believing that honesty, transparency, communication, and client service are paramount to the success of a law firm. We treat our clients like extended members of our own family, and the outcome of your claim means as much to us as it does to you. We even offer a free initial consultation at which we will discuss your legal options and what to expect in the days and weeks ahead. You may have a limited time to pursue justice under the Limitations Act.
To speak with a member of our dedicated staff today, call us at Call 1-800-JUSTICE.
Pothole Injuries in Guelph
Potholes are a major problem in many cities in Canada, and Guelph is no exception. They appear on major thoroughfares, neighborhood streets, and sidewalks alike, and they cause dozens of injuries every year, ranging from minor to severe.
No matter how your pothole injury in Guelph occurred, you may be eligible for compensation, and a lawyer can help you identify the responsible party or parties and collect the money you deserve.
Injuries to Drivers and Vehicle Occupants
When many people think of auto accidents, they think of crashes caused by driver error, such as running a stop sign, failure to yield the right of way, or following too closely. However, potholes cause many accidents every year, often by throwing a vehicle’s wheels out of alignment and causing the driver to lose control of the car.
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by a pothole, Preszler Injury Lawyers will investigate the accident and determine who we can pursue to receive compensation.
Injuries to Pedestrians
Pedestrians frequently get hurt by potholes. Often, small potholes are the culprit because they are less visible and more easily overlooked by pedestrians who may not happen to be looking down at the sidewalk while walking. If you were injured by a pothole as a pedestrian, we can help you recover compensation.
Injuries to Bicyclists and Nonmotorized Vehicle Users
Another group of people who frequently fall victim to pothole injuries are users of nonmotorized vehicles, such as bicycles. No matter how your injury occurred, we will determine who is liable and help you recover damages from them.
Types of Injuries Caused by Potholes
Depending on how an accident involving a pothole occurs, any number of injuries may result, including:
- Head Injuries. Head injuries are common in both auto and pedestrian accidents. In an auto accident, the driver or passenger may hit their head against a hard interior surface, such as a dashboard or steering wheel, while a pedestrian who trips on a pothole might slam their head against the unforgiving surface of the sidewalk, usually cement or asphalt.
- Spinal Cord Injuries Spinal cord injuries often occur both in falls and in motor vehicle accidents, and they can have devastating lifelong results.
- Broken Bones Broken bones may occur when a person trips over a pothole or is involved in a car accident caused by loss of vehicle control after hitting a pothole
- Both pedestrian and motor vehicle accident victims may suffer skin burns or lacerations. Pedestrians often incur this type of skin injury upon impact with the pavement, while car accident victims may get cut by broken glass or another rough edge inside the vehicle, such as that of a broken dashboard or steering column.
Our slip and fall accident lawyers can meet with you in Guelph for a free initial consultation. Call (416) 364-2000
Preszler Injury Lawyers Helps You Recover the Compensation You Deserve
We pursue the responsible party or parties and their insurers for both economic and noneconomic damages. We may be able to help you recover a settlement that includes money for the following and more:
- Current and Future Medical Bills.Your medical bills may include expenses associated with surgeries, hospital stays, doctor visits, prescription drugs, physical or occupational therapy, rehabilitation, medical devices, and more. We pursue the responsible party or parties for both current and anticipated future costs.
- Lost Wages.Your lost wages refer to the income you have forfeited due to missing work while recovering from your injuries. We will go after the responsible party and see to it that they compensate you for the wages you have lost.
- Reduced Earning Capacity. If your earning capacity has decreased on a long-term basis because of your injury, we can pursue the responsible party for compensation to cover the difference between what you used to earn and what you are able to earn now.
- Pain and Suffering and Inconvenience. Lastly, Preszler Injury Lawyers pursues noneconomic damages for our clients. These refer to losses that we cannot quantify in dollar terms, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life
Guelph Potholes In Parking Lots Lawyer Near Me (416) 364-2000
Talk to a Pothole Injury Lawyer in Guelph Today
If you were injured due to a pothole, whether you were a motor vehicle occupant, cyclist, or pedestrian, you may be eligible to collect compensation for the economic and noneconomic damages you have incurred. Potholes in parking lots lawyer serving Guelph from Preszler Injury Lawyers can help you go after the responsible party and their insurance company. Serving Guelph, our firm has a long track record of helping injured victims collect what they deserve.
To speak with a member of our team today, call us at Call 1-800-JUSTICE.