The 401 just outside of Hawkesbury is a major transportation route for commercial trucks making runs from Toronto and western Ontario to Montreal, Quebec and other eastern parts of the country.
That highway is becoming increasingly busy year after year, and it is not the only major thoroughfare near Hawkesbury that trucks use. This increased use has led to many accidents annually, leaving many injured individuals to treat their injuries.
If you or a loved one has been in a truck accident, and you would like to receive compensation for your injuries, contact a Hawkesbury truck accident lawyer that can help with your case. A knowledgeable Hawkesbury personal injury lawyer can build a case to help maximize any potential compensation you may be owed.
Our truck accident lawyers can meet with you in Hawkesbury for a free initial consultation. Call (416) 364-2000
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
While many things can cause a truck accident, there is one that has been found to be the main culprit time and time again. That is driver error. This can encompass many things including fatigue, losing control of the vehicle, texting while driving, and a number of other circumstances.
Truck drivers have a lot of responsibility on the road, perhaps even more so than drivers of smaller vehicles. They are operating a machine that is about 53 feet long and that weighs approximately 30 times more than the average car.
While a small car moving sideways slightly in their lane does not have an effect on other drivers, for a commercial truck this can cause their trailer to swing into another lane, or another car to underride a transport.
While other drivers can certainly be to blame when truck accidents occur, most often they are caused by truck driver error. When truck driver error has caused an accident, compensation may be sought. A truck accident lawyer in Hawkesbury can help victims claim it.
Hawkesbury Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (416) 364-2000
Types of Truck Accidents
In some cases, the type of truck accident can tell police officers, paramedics, and lawyers how the accident occurred in the first place. The most common types of truck accidents are:
- Jackknife: when the trailer of a transport truck swings outward so that it is perpendicular to the cab of the truck. This is often caused because the truck driver slammed on the brakes too hard and too quickly.
- Rollovers: when the truck slides, causing both the cab and trailer to roll over onto its side. This is often caused when the truck driver loses control of the truck.
- Blowouts: when a tire falls apart and is blown off the truck, onto the side of the highway or nearby cars. This is often due to improper equipment maintenance.
- Wide turns: when a truck makes too wide of a turn, usually when making a right-hand turn, and crashes into vehicles between the truck and the sidewalk. This is usually a misjudgment on the part of the truck driver.
- Rear-end accidents: when a truck slams into the back of another vehicle. This is usually due to the truck driver not giving themselves enough time to stop.
- Underride: most often caused when a truck driver swerves their trailer into another lane, or when they stop too quickly, causing vehicles behind them to become lodged underneath the truck’s trailer.
- Lost loads: when loads are not secured properly.
The injuries resulting from these or other types of truck accidents can be some of the most severe a person will ever experience. Paralysis, amputation, and death are just some of the consequences for victims. To help pursue compensation for such injuries, it is important to contact a Hawkesbury truck accident lawyer immediately.
Contact a Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been in a truck accident, and you would like to seek compensation for your injuries, call an experienced Hawkesbury truck accident lawyer today. They can determine the cause of the accident, who was at fault, and if you are eligible for compensation.