Request A Free Consultation


Practice Areas

Orangeville Personal Injury Lawyer

A personal injury may arise from a traumatic experience. It may stem from a seemingly simple incident that creates consequences that do not become fully apparent until later. Either way, those consequences can quickly become overwhelming.

Impaired mobility, chronic pain, exorbitant medical bills, and added expenses for modifications and caregivers can create a crushing load of worry. Moreover, time lost from work compounds these worries.

If the actions or negligence of another party contributed to the cause of your injury, you may be entitled to compensation. That compensation can ensure that you have money to cover current and future expenses incurred as a result of the accident. An experienced injury lawyer can help you if you have been injured in an accident. Consult an Orangeville personal injury lawyer to explore your options and learn how to proceed to reach the optimum recovery.

Examples of Personal Injury Claims

A personal injury claim is a suit filed by an individual against another party who caused or contributed to a bodily injury. In the case of wrongful death, a lawsuit would be filed by family members of the deceased. Of course, these claims encompass a wide variety of injured caused by an equally wide array of factors, but some examples include:

  • Whiplash injury suffered in a car accident
  • Torn ligament suffered in fall on a hazardous staircase
  • Cerebral palsy suffered as a result of improper medical procedure during childbirth
  • Laceration and infection suffered from a dog bite
  • Spinal injury suffered in a pedestrian accident
  • Reduced mobility due to a faulty hip implant

Steps to Take After an Injury

The most essential action after suffering an injury is to seek medical attention. Sometimes, the full extent of injuries does not become evident until sometime after the accident or other incidents, but a qualified medical professional can make an initial evaluation and warn of possible future complications to be aware of. Once medical attention is sought, an Orangeville personal injury lawyer should be consulted.

Preserving Evidence

If the negligence or improper behavior of another party may have contributed to the incident causing the injury, the injured party should take action to preserve all evidence surrounding the incident as well as the aftermath of the incident.

This includes collecting information about witnesses, taking photos, writing down an account of the incident, and of course, saving all receipts and bills related to expenses.

In addition, the injured party must keep aware of notification requirements. For instance, in slip and fall cases where the injury occurs on certain public property, the injured party must provide written notice to the government within ten days of the incident. Notification requirements can vary for other types of incidents.

Remaining Informed

Finally, it is also important to be aware of limitation periods. If an injured party wishes to file a legal claim for compensation, there is usually a limited window of time in which this must be done. That limitation period varies depending on the type of claim involved.

An experienced personal injury lawyer in Orangeville will be familiar with these requirements and limitations and can help ensure that opportunities are not lost due to missed deadlines.

How an Orangeville Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help

If you have suffered an injury that may have been caused by the improper actions of another, an Orangeville personal injury lawyer may be able to help you obtain compensation to cover past and future medical bills, lost wages, loss of earning potential, and added expenses.

Your lawyer will also advise you as to whether you may be entitled to compensation for pain, suffering and emotional distress. Throughout the process, your Orangeville injury lawyer can provide counsel regarding insurance settlements, notice requirements and limitation periods, always working to obtain the best possible result.

Free Consultation

Or call our hotline