Ajax Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you love was injured in a pedestrian accident, you are probably in pain and feeling overwhelmed by the growing number of medical expenses associated with your accident. A pedestrian accident lawyer serving Ajax wants to help.
If someone else’s negligent behaviour caused your pedestrian accident, you may have the right to hold that person responsible for their actions. Contact Preszler Injury Lawyers at 1-800-JUSTICE today to receive a free initial consultation and learn what options you have for recovering damages related to your case.
Common Circumstances That Cause Pedestrian Accidents
There are several causes for pedestrian accidents, including:
Drinking and Driving
According to the Preliminary 2016 Ontario Road Safety Annual Report, drinking and driving collisions resulted in almost 100 fatalities. We do not take this crime lightly and want to hold negligent drivers responsible.
There are many types of aggressive behaviours that motorists exhibit that can cause a pedestrian accident, including failing to yield the right of way, speeding, tailgating, running red lights, or weaving in and out of traffic. The Preliminary Road Safety Report shows that 17% of fatalities were the result of speed-related collisions in 2016. When a car is traveling at excessive speeds, the driver loses the ability to stop quickly or potentially maneuver to avoid hitting a pedestrian who may be crossing the road. Speeding or other forms of aggressive driving can become even more dangerous in adverse weather conditions.
Driver fatigue is a big problem in Canada. A fatigued driver may:
- React too slowly
- Fall asleep
- Make the wrong choice behind the wheel
- Fail to maintain a consistent speed
All these behaviours can cause an accident.
According to the Preliminary Road Safety Report, inattentive driving collisions accounted for almost 20% of fatalities during automobile collisions in 2016. It takes only a momentary distraction to take your eyes off the road and accidentally hit a pedestrian. Common causes of these accidents are texting, talking on the phone, talking to other passengers, changing the radio, or taking in the scenery.
These are just a few possible causes of pedestrian accidents. If you or a family member has been injured or lost their life as a result of a pedestrian accident, you may have the right to hold the at-fault driver responsible for his or her negligent behaviour. Contact Preszler Injury Lawyers at 1-800-JUSTICE today to schedule your free initial consultation and learn what options you have for pursuing compensation related to your pedestrian accident.
Types of Damages You May Be Able to Recover After a Pedestrian Accident in Ajax
Every case is different, so a pedestrian accident lawyer serving Ajax cannot estimate the damages you may be able to recover as a result of your injuries until we analyze your circumstances. That said, we have worked pedestrian cases in the past. Common damages we have seen include:
- Medical costs, such as ambulance rides, surgical procedures, doctor’s examinations, medications, and rehabilitation
- Lost wages from time you had to spend away from work
- Future wages if you are unable to return to work or have lost your earning potential
- Pain and suffering, including emotional distress, pain, disfigurement or dismemberment
These are only a few possible damages. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may be entitled to these damages as well as others.
Wrongful Death After a Pedestrian Accident
In some cases, a pedestrian dies as a result of the severity of his or her injuries.
Family members of the deceased have the right to pursue compensation for the loss of their loved one. Some specific types of damages they may be able to recover as a result of the accident include:
- Lost wages from time away from work caring for their injured family member, before he or she passed
- Financial losses from expenses resulting from providing care for the deceased, before his or her death
- Medical expenses associated with the accident
- Out-of-pocket costs related to the accident or care of their family member
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Pain and suffering
Again, these are just a few possible types of damages associated with a wrongful death claim. You may be entitled to these and more.
How a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Serving Ajax May Be Able to Help
We understand how devastating a pedestrian accident can be for you and your family. That is why, if you are eligible to recover compensation, our goal is to take the burden off of your shoulders and help you navigate the complex claims as you pursue compensation for your injuries.
Some specific ways we may be able to help include:
- Investigating the accident to determine liability
- Consulting with subject-matter experts who can testify regarding negligence or the extent of your injuries and the impact they will have on your life
- Calculating the approximate value of your damages to build a strong case
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf to pursue compensation to the fullest extent of your injuries
Contact Preszler Injury Lawyers at 1-800-JUSTICE today to find out what options you have for recovering compensation for your injuries during your free initial consultation. You may have a limited time under the Limitations Act.