Those who have slipped, tripped and fallen know how nasty the resulting injuries can be. Depending on the circumstances, those injuries may prove to be permanent, keeping you out of work and inhibiting your ability to enjoy life fully. There are legal remedies to help you recoup what you have lost if you qualify for compensation.
If you or a loved one suffered a debilitating personal injury, a slip, trip, and fall lawyer serving Bradford could help you obtain compensation for your injuries or a loved one’s wrongful death. Call Preszler Injury Lawyers at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation with a member of our team.
Our slip and fall accident lawyers can meet with you in Bradford for a free initial consultation. Call 1-877-573-3563
The Causes of Your Slip, Trip, and Fall Accident
Every slip, trip, and fall accident is different. The specifics of your case could directly impact how much and what sort of damages you are entitled to receive, and your slip, trip, and fall lawyer will want to hear directly from you on how your accident occurred, or how the accident that claimed the life of your loved one occurred.
Common slip, trip, and fall accidents occur due to a property owner’s negligence or carelessness. Frequent causes of these accidents include:
- Unfilled potholes on property intended for public use
- Uneven, broken, or unsupported stairs and ledges
- Loose flooring, whether it is carpeting, broken or unsecured tile, or another surface
- Cracked pavement, which can cause tripping and falling
- Exposed cords or wires
- Unmarked stairs or surfaces of a differing elevation
- Poor lighting
- Uncleaned or unmarked wet spots
- Unmarked ice-covered surfaces
- No handrails or supports
These are just some of the common causes regularly seen resulting in serious injuries. Though the circumstances of your slip, trip, and fall accident may not be listed, and your slip, trip, and fall lawyer will want to hear the exact circumstances that caused your particular injuries or your loved one’s wrongful death.
Bradford Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me 1-877-573-3563
A Slip, Trip, and Fall Lawyer Serving Bradford
A slip, trip, and fall lawyer can take the legal burden completely out of your hands, ensuring your pursuit of damages you may be entitled to receive. We will:
- Come to you in your place of recovery if you are unable to travel
- Discuss and document the circumstances of your accident
- Speak to your medical caretakers to understand and document the extent of your injuries and how those injuries impact your ability to hold a job and function daily
- Review the scene of the accident firsthand
- Review and archive any video and/or photographic evidence of the accident and/or the scene for later use at trial or settlement negotiations
- Review any police reports and eyewitness accounts of the accident
- File a claim with the liable party’s insurer, should this be your chosen route
- Initiate legal proceedings, handle all legal correspondence and filing, and counsel you from our initial meeting through the completion of a settlement or judgment
A lawyer will understand that slip, trip and falls often cause debilitating injuries, and he will want to serve as a legal resource in this trying time.
Establishing Liability in a Slip, Trip, and Fall Accident
Property owners have a duty of care to keep pedestrians safe. In order to establish that your rights were violated, a slip, trip, and fall lawyer will follow a four-step process:
Establishing a Duty of Care
If you were hurt on somebody else’s property, we may be able to establish that the property owner had a duty of care to you if they were negligent. Duty of care is basically a responsibility we all share to behave or maintain a safe environment through our actions to avoid causing harm to others.
Establishing That a Breach of the Duty of Care Occurred
Say that a property owner failed to put a sign next to a wet spot that they were aware of or failed to repair a dangerous crack in their store’s entryway. These are two examples of the many instances seen where an owner breached their duty of care under the Occupiers’ Liability Act to patrons of their property.
Establishing That the Breach Caused Your Injuries
Once it is established that you are owed a duty of care and that your duty of care was violated through the carelessness or negligence of a property owner, a lawyer will explain how the property’s dangerous nature caused your injuries.
Determining and Pursuing Carefully Calculated Damages
At this stage, your slip, trip, and fall lawyer will explain how deeply your injuries have interrupted the normalcy of your life, and ultimately present a well-considered calculation of the financial damages you are entitled to receive.
For a free initial consultation with a member of our team, call Preszler Injury Lawyers at 1-800-JUSTICE.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Damages Awarded From a Slip, Trip, and Fall Claim
Every case must be considered individually, and your lawyer will want to discuss the details of your claim as soon as possible. With that said, he will have a good idea of what victims may generally be awarded if they secure a favourable settlement or judgment. You may be compensated for:
- Emergency transportation
- ER bills
- The cost of any surgery required for your injury
- The cost of your hospital stay
- The cost of ongoing physical rehabilitation, including the cost of travel to and from your appointments
- The cost of any psychological therapy you may require as a result of the accident
Beyond medical and therapy expenses, we often see that slip, trip, and fall accidents directly impact one’s life. Damages we regularly see awarded to victims as yourself include:
- Lost wages due to the injuries
- Future lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Long-term disability coverage
- Any additional cost directly related to the accident
Do Not Wait to Contact a Slip, Trip, and Fall Lawyer Serving Bradford
In Canada, you generally have two years from the date of your accident to initiate a personal injury claim against the liable party under the Limitations Act. The circumstances of your case, especially if it involves the wrongful death of a loved one, could alter this window. For this reason, it is critical that you contact us today to better understand your options.
Call our team at the Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation.