Often, slipping, tripping, and falling on someone else’s property results in injuries. You should always take these injuries seriously. An injury that seems insignificant in the minutes after the fall can continue to bother you days, months, or years into the future.
Do not feel like that you must face this situation on your own. Instead, take advantage of the knowledge that a slip, trip, and fall lawyer serving Guelph can provide.
Allow Preszler Injury Lawyers to take on your case, helping you recover the compensation you deserve. Call us today at 1-800-JUSTICE to start the process with a free initial consultation where we will review details of your case and advise you if you may have a potential claim or not.
Our slip and fall accident lawyers can meet with you in Guelph for a free initial consultation. Call 1-877-573-3563
Understanding How to Create a Slip and Fall Case
Our law team has worked on slip and fall cases for years. We know how to collect the evidence needed to strengthen your case. Property owners and insurance companies rarely immediately accept responsibility for injuries you may have suffered in the fall. This means a slip, trip, and fall lawyer serving Guelph must demonstrate the facts of your case in order to negotiate a fair settlement or win a favorable judgment on your behalf.
When you hire Preszler Injury Lawyers, we will begin collecting the facts you need to seek the compensation to which you are entitled. Here are some examples of evidence we will attempt to collect on your behalf:
- Photographs of the scene before and after the accident
- Any video footage, such as from a security camera, that may show the accident or the conditions before and after the accident
- Information from police reports or medical reports, showing the extent of your injuries
- Interviews with doctors and other medical personnel
- Interviews with those who witnessed the accident
- Interviews with people who are familiar with the property and understand the conditions you encountered at the time of the accident
- Interviews with expert witnesses with firsthand knowledge about situations similar to yours
Using this information, we can determine which parties are responsible for the conditions that led to your slip, trip, and fall accident. We also can show just how your injuries occurred, connecting your injuries to the accident that caused them.
Guelph Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me 1-877-573-3563
Business owners and homeowners have a responsibility to keep the premises reasonably safe for their guests and visitors.
Our team will investigate your accident to determine whether the property owner knew about or should have known about the conditions that caused your accident and whether their actions or inactions contributed to your injuries. A slip, trip, and fall lawyer serving Guelph will work to collect facts that show your injuries occurred because of unsafe property conditions that the property owner neglected to fix, creating a strong case for compensation.
Items That Create a Negligent Situation
Proving negligence will significantly strengthen your cause. Some common situations that could constitute negligence include:
- Holes in sidewalks, parking lots, or flooring
- Uneven sidewalks because of gaps or cracks in the material
- Elevation changes in walking areas that are not marked or repaired
- Loose carpeting or rugs that may cause someone to slip
- Handrails on stairs and ramps that are missing or are too loose to support a person’s weight
- Items sitting on walking areas indoors that may cause a trip, such as boxes
- Debris sitting on walking areas outdoors that may cause a slip or trip, such as wet leaves or tree limbs
- Floors with any slippery substance
- Inadequate lighting to allow people who are walking to see potential tripping hazards
- Snow and ice on sidewalks, steps, or parking lots
These are not the only ways in which a property owner can be held liable for your slip, trip, and fall accident. Almost any hazard that could have been rectified with adequate maintenance or signage can contribute to a property owner’s negligence.
Do not feel like you have to make a determination of negligence on your own. Please call Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE, and we can help you sort through the facts. Contact us for a free consultation with no strings attached.
Common Injuries From a Fall
Do not try to determine the severity of your injuries on your own. Allow our law team to work with your medical providers to determine how your injuries may affect your quality of life now and in the future.
Take any injury you suffer seriously. Always be honest with your lawyers and with your doctors about how you are feeling and about any limitations you may be having because of your injuries.
Common injuries you may suffer after slipping and falling include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Injuries to the spine or neck
- Lacerations and bruises anywhere on the body
- Broken bones
- Torn ligaments
- Damage to internal organs, including internal bleeding
We have dealt with all kinds of injuries in these cases over the years. We can apply our knowledge from past cases to the unique situation in your case to come up with the best strategy for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Compensation After a Fall
If you or a loved one suffered injuries after a slip, trip, and fall caused by the negligence of another party or parties, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the following:
- Doctor and hospital visits
- Ongoing and future medical costs
- Equipment and prescription drugs related to helping you deal with your injuries
- Wages lost in the immediate aftermath of the fall, as well as a loss of future earning power because you no longer can work in your chosen field
- Pain and suffering
- A reduction in your quality of life
- Wrongful death
These are not the only damages that may be available to you. Our team can review the facts of your case and help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Count on Us To Help You Receive a Fair Settlement
A slip, trip, and fall lawyer serving Guelph can collect evidence that will help with your case. By employing our law team, you will be able to focus on healing. Let us handle the day-to-day phone calls and paperwork needed to help you seek fair compensation.
Contact Preszler Injury Lawyers for a free initial consultation to see if you may be eligible for compensation. Call us at 1-800-JUSTICE today. The faster we start working on your case, the faster we can help you pursue the settlement or judgment that you deserve.