London Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
A catastrophic injury could happen without a moment’s notice. The nature of these injuries is that they change the victim’s life forever—and treatment could be very expensive. Sometimes, catastrophic injuries result from negligence by one or more parties, and in such cases, the person responsible for the injuries may be found financially liable for the victim’s injury-related losses.
If you believe that you or your loved one’s catastrophic injury was caused by the negligence of one or more people, call a catastrophic injury lawyer serving London at Preszler Injury Lawyers today to speak about your options for pursuing justice.
Defining Catastrophic Injury
Definitions of catastrophic injury vary from source to source, but some generally accepted concepts apply across definitions. A catastrophic injury:
- Materially alters the injured individual’s ability to perform their daily routines, which may include the most basic tasks
- Is, in many cases, life-threatening, at least for a period of time
- Has a long-term effect on the person who suffers the injury
- Often results in significant medical bills, either in the short-term or long-term
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Some specific injuries that may qualify as catastrophic include:
- Spinal cord injury
- Any injury that requires amputation of one or more body parts
- Traumatic brain injury
- Any injury that leads to the loss of vision or hearing
A catastrophic injury is often serious and expensive. If such an injury happened to you or a loved one, and you believe that somebody’s actions contributed to the injury, then you may have grounds for legal action against that party.
Causes Of Catastrophic Injury
The types of accidents that may lead to a catastrophic injury are virtually endless in number. Many involve the negligence of a person or entity. Some of the types of accidents that result from negligence and may cause catastrophic injury might include:
- Auto accidents
- Defective products
- Slip and falls
- Trip and falls
- Physical violence, such as battery
- Medical malpractice
Regardless of how you or your loved one sustained a catastrophic injury, if another person or entity’s negligence caused your accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation.
The Basis for Establishing a Personal Injury Case
The law requires that in order to establish a case of personal injury, several criteria must be met. Here are the facts your catastrophic injury lawyer may need to prove:
- Somebody acted or failed to act in a way that would protect you as they should have, thereby exposing you to danger
- This negligence caused your accident
- The accident caused you to suffer an injury
- You sustained physical, financial, or emotional damages as a result of this injury
The team at Preszler Injury Lawyers may help to find the answers to these questions. These answers may determine the viability of your claim or lawsuit. We may talk to you in a free initial consultation to give you an idea of your legal options for moving forward. Call us today for a free initial consultation.
How a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Serving London May Be Able to Help You
When you suffer a catastrophic injury, your mind is weighed down with a million things, the foremost of which should be recovering as quickly as possible and learning to adapt to life after the incident that caused your injury. You may likely suffer from time constraints that impact your ability to pursue any compensation that you deserve to recover.
This is where a lawyer may come in handy—someone who may handle every aspect of your case from beginning to completion.
Possible Forms of Awards in a Catastrophic Injury Case
If you are eligible to bring a lawsuit, our team will endeavor to show the court that you suffered your injury due to somebody else’s breach of duty to keep you safe from harm. If we are successful in this goal, you may be able to collect awards covering your losses.
Every catastrophic injury is subject to unique circumstances that ultimately impact the types of awards for which you could be eligible. If a jury rules in your favour, or you reach a settlement offer with the defendant, possible awards could include coverage for:
- Emergency transportation and care that you required just after the incident in which you sustained your injury
- Additional medical bills which, in the case of a catastrophic injury, are generally substantial
- Income that you have lost due to your injury limiting your ability to work
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Pain and suffering that you and your family have endured because of your injury
- In the long-term, the cost of physical and psychological rehabilitation that may be necessary to recover from your injury
- And more if you qualify
We may call on experts to help us establish a comprehensive list of damages and determine the value of your case.
Call a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Serving London Today
We want to assist you during this difficult time. Contact a catastrophic injury lawyer serving London today at Preszler Injury Lawyers. Call for a free initial consultation in which we may discuss your case and how we may be able to help you with it.