London Neck Injury Lawyer
An injury to the neck is difficult for anyone to deal with. This type of injury can happen in an accident when pressure is applied to the neck. If you end up with a neck injury, you may have a difficult time moving your neck. It could cause pain to attempt to turn your head or even sit up straight. In fact, the injury could make it harder for you to do even the most basic of tasks, such as putting on your shoes or washing your hair. Some neck injuries are severe enough to require the use of a neck brace.
When you are suffering from a neck injury after an accident, you should consider filing a personal injury claim and taking legal action.
Different Types of Injuries to the Neck
Many types of injuries can occur to the neck, some of which are incredibly serious. These are several of the neck injuries that can be caused by different accidents:
- Neck fracture. Fracturing your neck is one of the worst things your neck could possibly experience. A neck fracture typically causes such severe and excruciating pain, along with tenderness and a lot of swelling. You would likely need to wear a brace around your neck for several months until your fracture heals.
- Neck dislocation. Nearly as bad as a neck fracture, dislocating your neck is just as painful and can lead to a lot of physical problems for you. A bone in the neck can become dislocated, sticking out of place and moving apart from other bones.
- Sprained neck. Not only is it possible to fracture the neck or dislocate it, but it is also possible to suffer from a sprained neck. It can take weeks for your sprained neck to heal. In the meantime, you may experience a lot of discomfort.
Fractures, dislocations, and sprains are just three of the many neck injuries that a person can suffer from. When suffering from these injuries, individuals often need to take pain medication while undergoing treatment.
Causes of Various Neck Injuries
You can suffer from a lot of the common neck injuries after getting into different accidents. In fact, neck injuries are often caused by one of the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents. When one vehicle crashes into another, the impact can cause a person’s head and neck to jolt forward, ultimately leading to a broken neck, dislocated neck, or even a sprained neck.
- Slip and falls. If someone slips and falls, they could land on their head or neck, which could potentially lead to some serious neck injuries.
- Dog bites. When a dog attacks a human, the animal could cause neck injuries by biting at the neck. These injuries could include open wounds as well as fractures and dislocations.
A serious neck injury can occur when someone least expects it and requires immediate medical attention.
Speak to a Lawyer Today
A neck injury can cause you to experience a significant amount of pain. It might even be severe enough to make you become immobile on a temporary basis. The severity of your neck injury will depend on what happened and what type of damage has been done. Even if the injury is treatable, your neck may never feel the way that it did before the accident. Because the accident can change your life in such a dramatic way, leaving you with thousands of dollars in costly medical bills and keeping you out of work for months on end, you need to file a claim and seek damages.
Our London personal injury lawyers may be able to help you recover the compensation you deserve. To learn more, contact Preszler Injury Lawyers by calling 1-800-JUSTICE and receive a free initial consultation on your case.