Did you know that slippery floors can lead to some serious accidents? It is quite common for people to slip and get hurt when there is something on the floors that make them slippery, such as water, wax, or any other substance. Property owners must pay attention to the condition of their floors throughout the day and should have warning signs posted when something spills or when the floor has recently been mopped. A lack of proper signage or care can cause visitors to the property to sustain all kinds of injuries.
You have the potential to seek compensation if you were injured because of a slippery floor. You may have never expected to find yourself dealing with such a situation, but now that you are injured, out of work, and experiencing some excruciating pain, you should talk to our London personal injury lawyers. We have been able to help many clients who have been involved in slippery floor accidents over the past several decades. You can trust our professional legal guidance and support.
Our slip and fall accident lawyers can meet with you in London for a free initial consultation. Call 1-877-573-3563
Actions to Take After Getting Hurt on a Slippery Floor
If you get hurt because of a slippery floor, there are several things you should do. If the accident happens inside of an establishment, you might want to complete an accident report. Many business owners will complete accident reports where they are writing down the date and time of the incident, along with details on what happened at that very moment. After completing the accident report or making sure that it has been completed by someone inside the building, you should visit the emergency room to find out if your injuries are serious. Some people are fortunate enough to avoid serious injuries when falling on slippery floors, but that is not always the case. You could have some serious injuries that may even require hospitalization.
London Slippery Floors Lawyer Near Me 1-877-573-3563
What Can Make a Floor Slippery?
A floor can become slippery in a lot of different ways. Although it depends on the situation, these are a few common scenarios that could possibly occur:
- The floor was recently mopped. If you are walking around inside of a store, there is a chance that the floors are slippery because an employee recently mopped the floors. While keeping the floors clean is always important, signs should be posted that would make shoppers aware of the wet floors. If caution signs are not posted, anyone could slip and get hurt without realizing that the floors are wet.
- Something was dropped and spilled on the floor. It is possible that a customer dropped something, such as a glass jar full of sauce. If you do not see the sauce on the floor and it has not been cleaned up by an employee, you could slip on the sauce, fall to the ground, and easily end up with different injuries.
- The floors were recently waxed. Some business owners like to wax their floors to give them that beautiful shine. Although freshly waxed floors may look good, they are often a bit slippery and could potentially put shoppers at risk of different injuries.
Common Injuries Related to Slippery Floor Accidents
If you get hurt because of a slippery floor, you can suffer from more than one injury. Some of these injuries could keep you out of work for a while and would include:
- Head trauma. If you hit your head, you may experience a brain bleed without realizing it. The only way to tell if you do have a brain bleed is to undergo scans at the hospital. In addition to a brain bleed, you could suffer from a concussion.
- It is possible to avoid breaking bones while still spraining different body parts, including your ankles and wrists. Sprains may not be as bad as having broken bones, but they can still cause a lot of pain and frustration for you.
- Numerous broken bones. You can break bones in all different parts of the body, including your feet, legs, and collarbone. You might even break your hip if you land on it a bit too hard.
There are a lot of different injuries that you can suffer from after falling on a slippery floor, and these are just a few of them. Having a combination of several injuries, such as head trauma with broken bones can cause the healing and recovery process to take much longer.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Who Is Responsible for Your Injuries?
You may be able to file a claim against an individual or entity if they caused you to slip and get hurt. For example, if the floor was slippery inside a store that you were visiting when you fell and were injured, the business owner might be the responsible party for those injuries. You may want to file a claim against that business owner for negligence that caused your personal injuries. If you are not sure what to do or who might be liable for your injuries, the best move to make is to contact a personal injury lawyer in London to talk about what happened.
Hire a Slip and Fall Lawyer to Work with You Today
Slippery floors are hazardous and can easily cause all kinds of problems for innocent people that are simply trying to shop around or get to their next destination. If you were walking through a building when you slipped because there was something on the floor and you sustained injuries, you may file a claim to request compensation from the person who is responsible for causing your injuries. The compensation is often used by victims of personal injuries to help cover medical bills and lost wages. If you know that you could use the financial help while you recover, retaining a lawyer is the next step for you to take.
At Preszler Law, we take pride in servicing clients that are injured and in need of legal guidance. You can consult with us today at no cost to you.