In an instant, an accident can alter the course of a person’s life forever. Accidents in Bradford have the potential to cause unsuspecting victims years of physical pain, emotional turmoil, and financial distress. In certain situations, accidents can result in catastrophic injuries from which injured accident survivors never recover. Accident victims can be robbed of their physical health, mobility, even their abilities to live independently, all because of another person’s negligence.
Frequently, accidents in Bradford that result in injuries requiring hospitalization are caused by the failure of the at-fault party to fulfill a duty of care they were legally required to provide to their victim. Negligence can manifest itself through various actions, inactions, errors, omissions, or other forms of wrongful conduct depending on the circumstances of the accident. In Bradford, the negligence of other parties or entities can cause unsuspecting community members to sustain injuries in:
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- E-bike and e-scooter accidents
- Boating accidents
- Snowmobile accidents
- ATV accidents
- And more
If you were injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, our Bradford personal injury lawyers may be able to help you recover compensation for damages you have incurred or will incur in the future. To learn whether you might be eligible to pursue a civil claim, contact our personal injury lawyers serving Bradford by calling 1-800-JUSTICE and receive a free initial consultation.
Our personal injury lawyers can meet with you in Bradford for a free initial consultation. Call 1-877-573-3563
How Preszler Injury Lawyers May Be Able to Help
No one expects to be injured in an accident. Very few people are aware of the steps that need to be taken following an accident to ensure their rights are protected. Our Bradford personal injury lawyers have experience representing clients who have sustained a number of severe injuries in accidents caused by someone else’s negligence. Common examples of these injuries include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cuts and lacerations
- Strains and sprains
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Facial and dental injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- And more
When accidents occur, injured victims are often required to navigate the often complicated road to recovery with little to no assistance. Recovering from serious injuries can be a long, emotionally challenging, and costly process. Most people are unprepared for the financial burden of sustaining injuries in an accident, and may find themselves struggling to manage their newly acquired expenses in addition to their standard costs of living.
If you are eligible to pursue a civil claim against the at-fault party whose negligence caused you to be injured, our personal injury lawyers serving Bradford may be able to help you recover the maximum amount of compensation to which you might be entitled. Examples of damages our Bradford personal injury lawyers may be able to help you recover include:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mobility aids, assistive medical equipment
- Home modifications to accommodate newly acquired disabilities
- Ambulance services
- Mileage expenses to and from medical appointments
- Housekeeping services
- Psychological counselling
- Lost wages due to missed work
- Reduced future earning capability
- And possibly more
In order to help you recover financial compensation, our personal injury lawyers may be able to work with you to prove that your compensable injuries were the direct result of another party’s negligence. Our Bradford personal injury lawyers might be able to compile and present evidence proving that:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care: Many people across the province have a legal responsibility to exercise reasonable degrees of caution when engaging in certain activities in order to prevent other people from being injured. Motor vehicle operators, property owners/occupiers, and licensed professionals are just a few examples of parties that owe duties of care to others with whom they may not have a pre-existing relationship.
- The at-fault party failed to fulfill their duty of care: By engaging in a number of wrongful actions, inactions, errors, omissions, or other forms of negligent conduct, people may fail to adequately fulfill their duty of care to others. For example, if a property owner fails to repair potentially hazardous maintenance issues on their premises and an accident occurs as a result, they may be considered negligent.
- Because of their negligence, an accident occurred in which you were injured: As the result of another party’s negligence, many accident victims sustain physical injuries through no fault of their own. Rather, the negligence of another party created circumstances in which an injurious accident was unavoidable.
- As a result of your injuries, you incurred financial losses: Depending on the severity of the injuries you have sustained and the impact your injuries have had on your overall quality of life, the damages you incurred could be both economic and non-economic. These may include financial losses related to out-of-pocket costs you were forced to pay or losses you will most certainly incur in the future, as well as damages for intangible repercussions of your accident, such as pain and suffering or emotional distress.
To prove that your compensable injuries were caused by another party’s negligence, our personal injury lawyers serving Bradford may compile and present various forms of evidence substantiating your claim. This evidence often includes:
- Video surveillance footage
- Photos of the accident scene
- Medical reports
- Evaluations from medical experts
- Police reports
- And more
Bradford Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-877-573-3563
Do Not Hesitate to Contact our Bradford Personal Injury Lawyers
In accordance with Ontario’s Limitation Act, injured accident victims have only twenty-four months from the day of the injurious collision in order to begin legal proceedings. In the wake of a severe accident, while undergoing the process of recovery and adjusting to life with serious physical injuries, two years can pass in the blink of an eye. In that time, evidence that might be crucial for substantiating an injured accident victim’s claim could no longer be available, reducing their chances of recovering fair compensation.
Even if you are uncertain whether the conditions of your accident may entitle you to pursue a personal injury claim, consider taking advantage of a free initial consultation with Preszler Injury Lawyers as soon as you feel able. During this cost-free, no-obligation first meeting, our Bradford personal injury lawyers will be able to review the details of your accident with you and determine appropriate courses of action that may be available to you.
To discuss the details of your case with our personal injury lawyers serving Bradford today, call 1-800-JUSTICE or schedule your free initial consultation by clicking here.