Life-altering personal injuries occur every day, whether the victim slips and falls as a result of a property owner’s negligence or a careless motorist leaves them with a permanent injury. The circumstances of any personal injury claim are never precisely the same, but regardless of those circumstances, a personal injury lawyer serving Bradford may be able to help you pursue the financial damages to which you are entitled.
Our team of experienced lawyers is ready to help you now. Give our team at the Preszler Injury Lawyers a call at 1-800-JUSTICE today for your free initial consultation.
Our personal injury lawyers can meet with you in Bradford for a free initial consultation. Call (416) 364-2000
We Want to Hear Your Story
Our lawyers handle many personal injury cases. This involves:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Sexual abuse
- Premises liability
- Pedestrian accidents
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death
These are just a few of the common personal injury cases we handle. If you have been injured or a loved one has been killed in these or any other accident, our personal injury lawyers serving Bradford want to hear about it. A member of our team will conduct a free initial consultation regarding your case today.
Bradford Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (416) 364-2000
How Our Firm Helps You
If your injuries prevent you from traveling, we can come to wherever you are in the wake of your injuries to initiate your case as soon as possible. From there, we will listen to your side of the story and begin taking care of the first legal steps, including:
- Reviewing evidence pertaining to your case, including video and photographs of your accident and the conditions that caused it
- Collecting and documenting police reports of the accident
- Speaking with eyewitnesses and documenting their accounts
- Meeting with your doctors and other medical professionals to ascertain what injuries the accident caused, and how those injuries will impact your quality of life
- Conducting correspondence and filing claims with the liable party’s insurer
- Calculating the amount and kind of damages you are entitled to receive
- Filing court documents to initiate the legal process, and counseling you until your case is complete, whether that is a settlement or judgment
- Protecting your rights throughout the entirety of this process
Do Not Wait to Contact Counsel
We want to get the ball rolling with your case sooner than later, so we urge that you do not wait to contact a personal injury lawyer serving Bradford. The primary reason for this urgency is the statute of limitations that may govern your ability to bring a personal injury suit against the liable party.
Ontario’s Limitation Act imposes a basic limitation period for personal injury claims. The legislation states that victims generally have two years from the day of the incident to initiate legal action. This law is not a black and white doctrine, and a personal injury lawyer serving Bradford will help you figure out how to pursue damages if you are eligible.
Do not wait, as the statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits must be abided by. Additionally, collecting the necessary evidence to present the strongest possible case is easier in the short-term, so waiting could impact your potential to collect the damages you deserve. Give our team at the Preszler Injury Lawyers a call at 1-800-JUSTICE today for a free initial consultation.
We Will Help You Prove Liability
Our lawyers stick to a proven formula when fighting our client’s personal injury claims. We generally seek to obtain damages by proving:
- The liable party had a duty of care to you, the victim
- The liable party breached that duty of care owed to you
- The breach of the duty of care was the cause of your injuries
The law on these matters is fairly straightforward, and our lawyers understand how to establish fault within the circumstances of your specific case if you qualify. Once we establish these facts, then we will calculate the damages to which you are entitled from the liable party and pursue a settlement or favourable judgment.
Damages You May Be Entitled to in a Personal Injury Case
A personal injury lawyer serving Bradford will represent you in a court of law. They also will be able to assess the damages you could be awarded in the case of a favourable judgment or settlement. Based on previous cases, we know that you could be awarded financial damages covering:
- Emergency transportation
- ER visit(s)
- Surgery cost
- The cost of your hospital stay
- Rehabilitation expenses
- The cost of any required in-home care
- Lost wages, past, present, and future
- Diminished earning capacity
- Lost earnings of the deceased in cases involving wrongful death
Property Damage/Other Direct Expenses
- Damage to your property as the result of the accident
- Funeral expenses in cases of wrongful death
- Pain and suffering, including mental anguish
- In cases where a wrongful death occurred:
- Loss of companionship (spouse or significant other)
- Loss of guidance (parent)
- And possibly more
A personal injury lawyer serving Bradford will guide you through the route to obtaining these damages, and potentially other damages which are not listed.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer from Preszler Injury Lawyers
Injuries or death sustained from another’s negligence is just one aspect of the challenges you are facing. Mounting expenses, medical paperwork, and a slew of appointments usually follow the accident, and facing these alone can be daunting, to say the least.
Allow us to help you with your legal fight. Call our team at the Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for your free initial consultation.