Guelphians are tough, but they are not impervious to injury. Whether you were injured in the workplace, on the road, in a place of business, or on municipal property, the person(s) responsible for your injuries should be on the hook for your expenses. A personal injury lawyer serving Guelph can help you obtain the damages to which you are entitled.
Our team of lawyers at Preszler Injury Lawyers will provide you with empathetic representation from our first meeting through the conclusion of your case. Give our team a call today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation.
Our personal injury lawyers can meet with you in Guelph for a free initial consultation. Call 1-877-573-3563
You Are Not Alone
Your injuries may prevent you from working or living life as you normally would. Losing your workplace community, ability to socialize in a care-free manner, and even your independence can be even more destructive than the injuries themselves. A personal injury lawyer serving Guelph will help guide you towards a sense of normalcy.
One of our lawyers will begin by hearing your case and explaining your options for recovering compensation.
Proving the Liable Party’s Negligence
Whether we are walking down a city sidewalk or shopping for groceries, we all have a reasonable right to safety. Unfortunately, every place is not always safe. To hold another party liable for your injuries, we must establish the following:
- The liable party owed you a duty of care.
That is, we will show that the liable party—whether it is a motorist, property owner, municipality, product manufacturer, or otherwise—had a duty of care to you. Duties of care depend on the person who caused your accident and can include:
- Driving safely
- Diagnosing your condition in a respectable time frame
- Maintaining safe premises
- The liable party breached that duty of care
Once we establish the duty of care, we will establish that the legally required duty of care to you was violated.
- The breach of the duty of care caused your injury or your loved one’s death.
This stage is critical, as your case will be built on the fact that your injuries were the result of the liable party’s actions (or inaction), specifically their breach of the duty of care.
- You suffered damages
Once we prove the first three points, we will establish a fact and numbers-based estimation of the damages to which you are entitled.
A personal injury lawyer serving Guelph can help ensure that your case is the strongest it can be. When it comes to securing damages, you should not attempt to cut corners or handle the legal heavy lifting alone.
Guelph Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 1-877-573-3563
We Handle a Variety of Cases
Your injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one may fall under one of our many practice areas, which include but are not limited to:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Pedestrian accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Sexual abuse
- Wrongful death
We encourage all victims of injury or the families of those who have suffered the loss of a loved one to contact us today. We want to hear the specifics of your case and help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Call our team today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation.
We Take Care of the Legal Side of Your Case
A personal injury lawyer serving Guelph will take the entirety of your personal injury claim or lawsuit off of your hands. Our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers will:
- Visit you immediately after your accident to ensure your wellbeing, as well as collect and document your side of the story while your memory is fresh
- Contact the liable party’s insurance company to submit a formal claim
- Review police reports, video and photograph evidence, and witness accounts for a complete record of the incident
- Collect your health records and injury reports, anticipated future medical expenses, and doctor testimony to strengthen your case and calculate damages
- Initiate legal proceedings and completing any paperwork, filing requirements, and legal correspondence from our initial meeting through the completion of a judgment or settlement
During your free initial consultation, we will discuss the specifics of your case and the legal options available to you. While we will likely first attempt to negotiate a fair settlement, we can file a lawsuit to help you obtain any damages to which you are entitled.
Potential Damages in an Injury Suit
Each case is different, with varying liability, defendants, judges, and other circumstances impacting the ultimate damages that you may be awarded. But we do know what expenses are typically covered in a successful settlement or judgment, and they include:
- Emergency transportation
- Private medical treatment like physiotherapy and chiropractic care
- The cost of your hospital stay if it is a private room or private convalescent facility
- Any other rehabilitation or attendant care that you will require during recovery
Beyond your medical bills, you could be reimbursed for expenses that arise as the result of your injuries, including:
- Long and/or short-term disability
- Diminished earning capacity due to limitations imposed by your injuries
- Lost wages as you recover
- Mental anguish, pain, and suffering resulting from your accident
In cases where your loved one has died in an accident caused by another party’s negligence, you could receive:
- The equivalent of the loved one’s lost wages
- Compensation for the loss of companionship (spouse)
- Compensation for the loss of guidance and financial protection (children)
These are only some of the common damages we see awarded in personal injury judgments and settlements. You may be entitled to additional financial damages depending on the specifics of your case. Call our team today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Pay Only When We Win
Our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers works on a contingency basis, which means that you only pay us when you win your case. Your victory is our victory, and we are in this fight with you. Call us today: 1-800-JUSTICE