An injury to the neck is difficult for anyone to deal with. This type of injury can happen in an accident when pressure is applied to the neck. If you end up with a neck injury, you may have a difficult time moving your neck. It could cause pain to attempt to turn your head or even sit up straight. In fact, the injury could make it harder for you to do even the most basic of tasks, such as putting on your shoes or washing your hair. Some neck injuries are severe enough to require the use of a neck brace.
When you are suffering from a neck injury after an accident, you should consider filing a personal injury claim and taking legal action. By taking legal action with assistance from a neck injury lawyer, you can rest assured that your claim will be filed the right way and on time. Our legal experts have worked with many neck injury clients in the past. During a consultation, we will learn more about your case and determine the best course of action to help you pursue compensation to cover many of the costs associated with your neck injury.
Our neck injuries lawyers can meet with you in London for a free initial consultation. Call (416) 364-2000
What to Do After a Neck Injury
When suffering from a neck injury, the pain is usually quite noticeable. You may feel an excruciating pain running through your neck that makes it hard for you to move. If you are feeling any type of unusual pain in your neck in the immediate aftermath of a car accident, try to avoid moving your neck because you could end up making the injury even worse. Stay in the position that you are in, call emergency medical personnel, and head straight over to the hospital to have X-rays taken. You are going to need to find out what is going on with your neck. It is there at the hospital that a medical professional can provide a diagnosis and treatment recommendations, which may include wearing a neck brace or collar for a specified amount of time.
London Neck Injuries Lawyer Near Me (416) 364-2000
Different Types of Injuries to the Neck
Many types of injuries can occur to the neck, some of which are incredibly serious. These are several of the neck injuries that can be caused by different accidents:
- Neck fracture. Fracturing your neck is one of the worst things your neck could possibly experience. A neck fracture typically causes such severe and excruciating pain, along with tenderness and a lot of swelling. You would likely need to wear a brace around your neck for several months until your fracture heals.
- Neck dislocation. Nearly as bad as a neck fracture, dislocating your neck is just as painful and can lead to a lot of physical problems for you. A bone in the neck can become dislocated, sticking out of place and moving apart from other bones.
- Sprained neck. Not only is it possible to fracture the neck or dislocate it, but it is also possible to suffer from a sprained neck. It can take weeks for your sprained neck to heal. In the meantime, you may experience a lot of discomfort.
Fractures, dislocations, and sprains are just three of the many neck injuries that a person can suffer from. When suffering from these injuries, individuals often need to take pain medication while undergoing treatment.
Causes of Various Neck Injuries
You can suffer from a lot of the common neck injuries after getting into different accidents. In fact, neck injuries are often caused by one of the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents. When one vehicle crashes into another, the impact can cause a person’s head and neck to jolt forward, ultimately leading to a broken neck, dislocated neck, or even a sprained neck.
- Slip and falls. If someone slips and falls, they could land on their head or neck, which could potentially lead to some serious neck injuries.
- Dog bites. When a dog attacks a human, the animal could cause neck injuries by biting at the neck. These injuries could include open wounds as well as fractures and dislocations.
A serious neck injury can occur when someone least expects it and requires immediate medical attention.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Filing a Claim for a Neck Injury
Filing a claim for a neck injury caused during an accident is something you should do with help from a lawyer. You might not know how to go about completing the claims process, but it is something you should do quickly to prove that you are suffering and are entitled to compensation. If you have a neck injury, you can potentially file a general claim for any physical, emotional, and mental pain and suffering you have endured and may continue to endure over time. When filing a general claim, individuals are often awarded enough money to cover their medical bills and several other additional expenses while giving them a bit of a financial cushion during their recovery.
Speak to a Lawyer Today
A neck injury can cause you to experience a significant amount of pain. It might even be severe enough to make you become immobile on a temporary basis. The severity of your neck injury will depend on what happened and what type of damage has been done. Even if the injury is treatable, your neck may never feel the way that it did before the accident. Because the accident can change your life in such a dramatic way, leaving you with thousands of dollars in costly medical bills and keeping you out of work for months on end, you need to file a claim and seek damages.
An experienced lawyer serving London will listen to all the important details of your accident, including what happened directly before and during the accident that caused you to sustain a neck injury. Your neck injury lawyer will help you pursue the funds from the liable individual. If you want to find out how to make this happen, let Preszler Law assist you. Contact us today.