Whether you enjoy riding your motorcycle on the scenic backroads of Ontario or in the city, there is nothing quite like the freedom you have on your bike. However, that feeling of freedom may be cut short in an instant when a negligent driver causes you to crash.
Because the motorcyclist has so little protection in case of an accident, any injury during a motorcycle wreck may be devastating for the rider. The motorcyclist’s injuries could cause him or her to miss a few weeks of work while recovering, or they could be something even more serious, including permanent disability.
A Mississauga motorcycle accident lawyer can defend your right to seek compensation from a driver who was at fault for the accident. At Preszler Injury Lawyers, we know how difficult recovering from your motorcycle accident injuries may be. We are ready to stand by your side all the way through to a trial, if necessary. Call us at (416) 364-2000 to get started.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers can meet with you in Mississauga for a free initial consultation. Call (416) 364-2000
Drivers Not Seeing Motorcyclists Riding Near Them
From the 2017 Canadian Motor Vehicle Traffic Collision Statistics, 191 motorcyclists died in accidents. From 2013-2017, motorcyclists accounted for more than 10% of all deaths on the road in Canada.
So why do drivers hit motorcycles so frequently? Some of the reasons include:
- Unaware: a driver may not be looking out for a motorcyclist, so he or she does not see the motorcycle rider, as the motorcycle is quite a bit smaller than a motor vehicle.
- Distracted driving: the driver is not paying attention to the road because of a smartphone, car radio, or another device in the vehicle, which may violate one or more distracted driving laws in the country.
- Driving while intoxicated: the driver has been drinking alcohol or taking drugs, causing him or her to be unable to operate the motor vehicle safely and violating impaired driving laws in Ontario.
- Violating traffic laws: as presented under the Ontario Highway Traffic Act, the driver is speeding, driving carelessly, or changing lanes improperly, causing an accident with a motorcyclist or causing the motorcycle rider to lose control of the motorbike, even if no collision with the vehicle occurred.
- Malfunctioning equipment: the driver’s vehicle has faulty breaks or a poorly inflated tire, causing him or her to be unable to stop in time or avoid the collision with the motorcycle.
If the driver who hit you or your loved one’s motorcycle is guilty of violating a traffic law in Ontario, this may strengthen your personal injury case, where you need to prove negligence on the part of the driver.
Preszler Injury Lawyers know how to apply the facts in your case and show that the driver acted negligently. Call us at (416) 364-2000 today to get started.
Mississauga Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (416) 364-2000
Recovering Damages From Motorcycle Accident Injuries
After being injured in a motorcycle accident that was the fault of the other driver, the rider and his or her family may be eligible to receive several damages. Some of the items for which you may receive compensation include:
- Costs for medical care after the crash
- Future medical care
- Costs for rehabilitation therapy
- Costs for medical prescriptions
- Loss of wages during your recovery period
- Loss of future wages if you are unable to work in your preferred field
- Pain and suffering
- Disability and disfigurement
- Emotional trauma
- And more if you qualify
You may be entitled to receive damages for other things as well, if you prove the other driver was at fault.
Compensation for Family From a Fatal Motorcycle Accident
Should the motorcycle accident have resulted in the death of a loved one, the family is able to attempt to seek damages in a wrongful death case.
We understand that financial compensation alone does not alleviate your family’s suffering after a death. By bringing a wrongful death lawsuit, you may be able to help other families avoid a similar fate by holding a negligent driver responsible for his or her actions.
Contact the Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Serving Mississauga Today
After an accident on a motorcycle, the insurance company for the other driver may contact you, acting as if it wants to help you achieve a settlement. However, this is rarely the case. Instead, the insurance adjuster is attempting to settle the case as quickly as possible, regardless of whether the settlement truly compensates you for your accident injuries.
A Mississauga motorcycle accident lawyer to negotiate with the insurance company for you. Contact Preszler Injury Lawyers as soon as possible at (416) 364-2000. We are ready to defend your right to seek a fair settlement. We work on a contingency fee basis. If your personal injuries prevent you from traveling, we may be able to come to you.