Every day, cautious, responsible people find themselves seriously injured due to the carelessness or negligence of others. If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip or trip and fall accident and want to pursue financial damages, a slip, trip, and fall lawyer serving Port Hope may be able to help. Call our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation.
Our slip and fall accident lawyers can meet with you in Port Hope for a free initial consultation. Call (416) 364-2000
No Matter the Cause, We Want to Hear Your Story
Victims of slip or trip and fall accidents can sustain injuries in many ways. Negligence and carelessness take many forms including but not limited to:
- Cracked or uneven pavement
- Unmarked changes in elevation, such as steps or ledges
- Loose carpeting or other forms of flooring
- Unfilled potholes
- Poor lighting
- Exposed cords or other materials that could cause someone to trip
- Icy or wet spots that are not properly marked
- Nonexistent or faulty handrails or supports
It is generally the responsibility of the property owner to remedy each of these conditions. If they do not, that person may be liable for the cost of your injuries. Call Preszler Injury Lawyers today to proceed with your claim.
Port Hope Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me (416) 364-2000
A Slip, Trip, and Fall Lawyer Serving Port Hope May Be Able to Handle Your Case
We want to bear the weight of your legal case while you focus on your recovery. Our team may be able to:
- Come to you at your place of recovery to discuss the details of your case
- Talk with your medical caregivers to understand and document the nature and extent of your injuries
- Review and archive any police reports for use at trial
- Interview witnesses to the accident or the conditions that caused your injuries for use at trial or in settlement negotiations
- Review the scene of the accident, noting anything not captured in police reports
- Collect any photographic or video evidence of the accident or the conditions that led to your injuries
- Speak with your employer, friends, and family to document how your injuries have interfered with your ability to maintain employment
- Help you get the compensation you deserve and deal with the insurance companies on your behalf
These are only some of the ways that we may assist you. We may be able to prove that the liable party is responsible for the cost of your injuries. Call our team at the Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation regarding your case.
Proving Liability and Collecting Damages
Our lawyers aim to establish the liability of the property owner or another party who is at fault for your injuries. We may follow a four-step process:
- Establishing that the liable party owed you a duty of care
The Occupiers’ Liability Act defines one’s duty of care as ‘the responsibility or legal obligation of a person or organization to avoid acts or omissions that could likely cause harm to others.’
If your injuries are due to somebody’s inability or unwillingness to maintain safe conditions, proving it is the first step towards obtaining any damages you may be entitled to.
- Establishing a breach of the duty of care
If we are able to establish that the property owner or another liable party was responsible for maintaining safe conditions where your accident occurred, we may display all evidence—photographs, video, witness accounts—that unsafe conditions caused your injuries. In doing so, we may be able to show that the liable party is responsible for your injuries and resulting expenses.
- Proving causation
To establish that the breach of duty of care directly caused your injuries, we may present any evidence that the unsafe conditions led to your injuries.
- Calculating damages
If we are able to prove the liable party owed you a duty of care, their actions breached that duty of care, and that the nature of the breach caused your injuries, we may be able to calculate the damages you may be entitled to receive.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Damages You May Be Eligible to Recover in a Slip or Trip and Fall Accident
Every slip or trip and fall case is different, and damages vary on a case-by-case basis. Our experience grants us an idea of damages that you may be eligible to obtain in your slip or trip and fall claim. They may include:
- The cost of emergency transportation
- Emergency room bills
- The cost of any surgeries stemming from your accident
- The cost of your hospital stay
- The cost of transportation to any future medical appointments stemming from your injuries
- Expenses related to your rehabilitation
- And more
Aside from medical costs, we may be able to help you pursue damages covering further expenses related to your recovery, including:
- Past lost wages stemming from your injuries
- Lost wages you stand to lose in the future because of your recovery or permanent disability
- Any diminished earning capacity that results from your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- And more
Do Not Wait to Contact a Slip, Trip, and Fall Lawyer Serving Port Hope
If you have sustained injuries in a slip or trip and fall accident, do not wait to contact Preszler Injury Lawyers. There is often a time limit on your ability to pursue damages from the liable party, referred to as the statute of limitations.
For most personal injury claims in Canada, the victim generally has two years from the date of the accident to bring forth legal action under the Ontario Limitations Act. We may be able to help you organize and commence your legal pursuit of the financial damages you may be eligible to receive. Call our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation regarding your case.