Even the most cautious driver can be the victim of a car accident. The negligence of other drivers can lead to serious injuries. Through their negligence, impaired drivers, motorists who text while driving, and other reckless drivers can cause collisions with life-changing consequences.
Recent statistics recorded by Transport Canada show 1,922 fatal car accidents across the country in 2018 alone. That same year, more than 100,000 Canadians were involved in collisions resulting in injury. If you’ve suffered injuries in a car accident as the result of another driver’s negligence, a Sudbury car accident lawyer may be able to help you seek restitution. Contact Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE to discuss the circumstances of your car accident.
Our car accident lawyers can meet with you in Sudbury for a free initial consultation. Call 1-877-573-3563
Common Causes of Sudbury Car Accidents
According to the Ontario Ministry of Transportation, in 2019, the province saw more than 33,000 car accidents resulting in injury or death.
Common causes of car accidents in Ontario include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Drivers failing to maintain their vehicles
- Drivers and/or passengers who are not wearing their seat belts
- Drunk or impaired driving
- Medical conditions
- Running red lights and stop signs
- And more
Sudbury Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me 1-877-573-3563
Types of Car Accident Injuries
A driver’s negligence to cause collisions with other automobiles resulting in death, or possibly debilitating, life-changing injuries. Examples of these injuries that may be sustained as a result of a driver’s recklessness include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Burn injuries
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Steps to Follow After a Sudbury Car Accident
Car accident scenes can be overwhelming and chaotic. In the aftermath of a collision, taking the following actions may be useful for all parties involved:
- Stay at the scene: If it is safe to do so, the vehicles involved in the accident can move to the side of the road, close to the scene of the collision.
- Avoid additional collisions: Engaging the vehicles’ hazard lights, lighting flares to increase visibility, or moving the cars out of traffic can help prevent other accidents.
- Exchange information: Accident victims have the right to collect the other driver’s name, address, date of birth, driver’s license number, insurance information, and license plate information.
- Call for help: law enforcement officers dispatched to the scene of an accident can help formally report the collision. Emergency responders can provide medical attention where necessary, or transport injured victims to a hospital when needed.
- Collect witness statements: Whenever possible, witnesses to the accident can be approached to collect their names and contact information. If necessary, these witnesses might be contacted at a later date to provide testimony about the accident.
- Receive medical attention: Even if injuries sustained in a car accident appear to be minor at first, seeking immediate medical attention can help diagnose injuries before they increase in severity.
Surviving a serious car accident in which you sustained injuries can be overwhelming. Car accidents have the potential to change victims’ entire lives. A Sudbury car accident lawyer may be able to help you navigate the process of recovering damages and seeking accountability for your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Recovering Damages for Injuries Sustained in a Car Accident
A Sudbury car accident lawyer may be able to help eligible victims of Sudbury car accidents by pursuing the following damages :
- Loss of income, including the loss of future financial opportunities and earnings
- Rehabilitation and other expenses for medical care
- Loss of housekeeping and home maintenance expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment in life
- Present, future, and other estimated medical expenses
- And more if you qualify
In order to assist injured victims seeking restitution, a Sudbury car accident lawyer might be able to collect and analyze a wide variety of evidence including:
- Eyewitness testimonies and other statements
- Medical records
- Police reports
- Proof detailing the victim’s loss of income and wages
- Video surveillance and other photographic evidence of the accident scene
Reach Out to Preszler Injury Lawyers Today
Since 1959, Preszler Injury Lawyers have been working diligently on behalf of car accident victims. If you’ve been injured in a collision with a negligent driver in Sudbury, a car accident lawyer may be able to provide useful advice and assistance.
Contact Preszler Injury Lawyers today at (888) 541-7603 for a free initial consultation.