When your broken bones are caused by an accident that was due to the negligence of another party, it is important that you seek compensation for your damages. Unfortunately, insurance companies and defendants rarely make it easy to get the compensation you deserve. When broken bones are involved, medical treatment often requires emergency care, rehabilitation, and sometimes surgery. These treatments are expensive, and no one wants to pay for them, even when they are at fault.
Our broken and fractured bone lawyers can meet with you in Thunder Bay for a free initial consultation. Call 1-877-573-3563
Types of Broken Bone Injuries
Broken bones come in a variety of forms. Not only are there a lot of different bones that can be broken, but there are many different types of fractures that can happen in an accident. If you suffer from a broken bone, it is important that your injuries are diagnosed correctly so that you can get the proper treatment for your specific injuries. Without the right treatment, your bones may not heal properly which can result in long-term complications and even disability. Some of the most common types of broken bone injuries include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Displaced Fractures – With this type of fracture, the bone is not just broken, but pieces of the bone separate from the main bone. In some situations, this type of fracture may need surgery to correct.
- Non-Displaced Fractures – These fractures happen when the bones are broken, either entirely or partially, but the bones are aligned. This is one of the most common broken bone injuries.
- Stable Fractures – This is one of the least severe types of broken bone injuries. With a stable fracture, the structure of the bone is still intact, which allows for faster healing and shorter recovery time.
- Open Fractures – These fractures are often referred to as compound fractures. This is the type of bone fracture that occurs when the bone punctures the skin and creates an open wound. This is a very serious injury because there is an extremely high risk of infection.
- Closed Fractures – When a bone fracture is referred to as closed, it is because the broken bone has not broken through the skin. While these injuries are considered less serious than open fractures, they can still lead to long-term or permanent damage.
- Simple Fractures – A simple fracture is a broken bone that has little separation between the pieces of bone. This is a closed injury and is often easier to treat than a more complex fracture.
- Greenstick Fractures – A greenstick fracture occurs when the victim’s bone bends, but does not break. This injury is especially common in young children.
- Transverse Fractures – This is a type of simple fracture that happens at a right angle. It is a clean break and often heals well.
- Oblique Fractures – These fractures typically have a curved angle or slant, which can lead to complications with healing. Immediate medical treatment and rehabilitative treatment are often critical for a full recovery.
- Linear Fractures – This type of broken bone occurs most often in long bones, such as the legs and arms. It goes down the length of the bone and is notoriously painful for the injured person.
- Spiral Fractures – These are bone fractures that happen in a twisting pattern that is also extremely painful for the victim. Most of these fractures happen when the injured person gets a hand or foot caught under or inside of something.
- Comminuted Fractures – This is a very serious bone injury and occurs when fractures occur in multiple locations in one bone. This is often called bone-shattering.
Thunder Bay Broken and Fractured Bone Lawyer Near Me 1-877-573-3563
Bone Fracture Victims Deserve Fair Compensation
If you have suffered a broken bone injury due to the negligence of another person, you are likely legally entitled to receive monetary compensation for your damages. To get the most amount of compensation possible, you need to work with an experienced Thunder Bay broken bone injury lawyer. Your lawyer will work to compile evidence that is needed to establish negligence and liability in your claim so that the responsible party can be held liable for your injuries.
Your lawyer will also carefully document your damages so that you can receive the maximum financial compensation. These damages will be available for economic losses and intangible losses. You may be able to recover compensation for the following:
- Emergency treatment received
- Ongoing medical treatment received
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Psychological counseling
- Loss of present and future income
- Mental distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent disfigurement
Your lawyer may seek the assistance of experts to help determine the amount of your damages. These experts may include financial analysts, medical experts, and more. They will be able to accurately evaluate your losses as well as those that you may experience in the future due to your broken bone injuries.
Contact an Experienced Thunder Bay Broken and Fractured Bone Injury Lawyer Today
The lawyers at Preszler Law have extensive experience handling claims involving broken and fractured bones. We have provided legal representation for injured victims, and are prepared to help you get the full and fair compensation to which you are entitled. To schedule a consultation to discuss your legal options, contact our office today. We understand how catastrophic broken and fractured bone injuries can be. Let us handle the legal side of things so you can focus on your recovery. Time is of the essence because there is a statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim, so do not wait. Contact us today.