If you sustained injuries in a pedestrian accident in Thunder Bay, you may be eligible for compensation. The team from Preszler Injury Lawyers may be able to help you determine the value of your case and fight to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses if you qualify. We may be able to help you file for accident damages and prepare a tort claim against the motorist who caused your accident if the facts of your case allow us to do so.
Let a pedestrian accident lawyer serving Thunder Bay review your case. One of our lawyers may be able to help you understand the options available to you and possibly take legal action on your behalf. Call 1-800-JUSTICE today to get started.
Our pedestrian accident lawyers can meet with you in Thunder Bay for a free initial consultation. Call 1-877-573-3563
How Thunder Bay Pedestrian Accidents Occur
There are many ways pedestrian accidents occur. If you qualify to file a tort action, we may be able to gather evidence to help us understand what happened in your case. This evidence may be able to prove how the driver acted negligently or recklessly and caused your accident and injuries. Some reasons pedestrian accidents occur include:
- Speeding: Speeding not only gives drivers less reaction time to see pedestrians and react appropriately, but it may also increase the severity of the injuries the victim suffers.
- Failure to stop or yield: Drivers disobeying traffic signals or failing to yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk may cause pedestrian accidents.
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving may prevent the motorist from seeing a pedestrian on the roadway or in a crosswalk in time to avoid hitting them. While cell phones are one cause of distracted driving, there are many other possible distractions behind the wheel. Distracted driving may also cause drivers to leave the roadway, and they could hit a pedestrian on the sidewalk or shoulder.
- Drunk driving: Drunk driving may significantly increase reaction time and impair the general ability to control the vehicle. This impairment may mean not stopping in time for a pedestrian, failing to yield right of way, leaving the roadway and hitting them, or other types of accidents.
- Failure to yield right of way during turns: Pedestrians may be at an increased risk of traffic that is turning onto the road they are crossing, even when using a crosswalk and following all applicable laws. A driver may be focused on their turn and fail to look for pedestrians before turning.
- Parking lot accidents: Parking lot and driveway accidents may occur because a motorist does not look behind them when they back up, or if the pedestrian is a child, the driver may not see the child out the back of the vehicle.
Pedestrian accidents may be serious and cause significant, permanent injuries to victims. Injuries may include spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, internal injuries, and more. If you sustained injuries in a pedestrian accident, you may be eligible to file for accident benefits and/or take legal action to possibly hold the at-fault driver responsible.
Talk to a lawyer from Preszler Injury Lawyers about your case today. Call 1-800-JUSTICE now. We may be able to come to you in Thunder Bay to discuss your case if you are unable to travel because of your injuries or treatment.
Thunder Bay Pedestrian Accidents Lawyer Near Me 1-877-573-3563
Navigating a Pedestrian Accident Case With Preszler Injury Lawyers
Pedestrian accidents are often preventable. If your Thunder Bay pedestrian accident injuries occurred because a motorist acted negligently, you may be eligible to pursue compensation through a tort claim. This type of claim, if you are eligible, may allow you to recover compensation for your expenses related to medical care, lost wages and benefits, pain and suffering, and more.
After a Preszler Injury Lawyers pedestrian accident lawyer reviews your case, we may be able to explain if we believe you are eligible for legal action. If so, we may accept your retainer and begin gathering evidence on your behalf. Depending on the time constraints and your eligibility, we may also be able to file your application for accident benefits.
Call 1-800-JUSTICE today to let a member of our team take a look at your potential pedestrian accident case.
Possible Compensation Following a Thunder Bay Pedestrian Accident
All parties involved in a car accident in Ontario are generally eligible for accident benefits following an accident. This eligibility is true for pedestrian accidents, as well. The Insurance Act of Ontario authorizes this compensation. There are strict, short deadlines in these cases, and you may lose the right to receive them if you miss the deadline to apply.
Depending on many factors and the stipulations in the law, accident benefits for a pedestrian accident victim could vary based on the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule. Your pedestrian accident lawyer serving Thunder Bay may be able to help you determine which you are eligible to receive.
At the same time, some pedestrian accident victims may be able to pursue a tort claim to recover compensation, if they qualify. Tort claims are fault-based and require evidence to show that the motorist caused the accident and your injuries. Our lawyers may be able to explain if you have eligibility to pursue this type of case.
Possible recoverable compensation include but are not limited to:
- Lost income
- Costs related to medical care and treatment
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Other damages, if you are eligible
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
There May Be Strict Deadlines in a Thunder Bay Pedestrian Accident Case
There are several deadlines under the Limitations Act you may need to be aware of in your Thunder Bay pedestrian accident case. These include:
- You have one week following the accident to notify your insurance company about the accident.
- You have 30 days following the receipt of your application for accident benefits to complete the application and return it.
- You generally have two years from the date of your injuries to pursue a fault-based legal case.
Discuss Your Case With a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Serving Thunder Bay
If you suffered injuries in a Thunder Bay pedestrian accident, you may qualify to recover compensation in one or more ways. A pedestrian accident lawyer serving Thunder Bay from Preszler Injury Lawyers may be able to explain your options and take action on your behalf if you are eligible to do so. Call 1-800-JUSTICE today to learn more.