An injury can leave you with physical, financial, and emotional stress. You may be looking at expensive medical bills, time away from work, reduced future earning capacity, and a host of other economic and noneconomic losses. If someone else’s negligence contributed to your injury, then they should cover the costs. We fight for injured victims in Brampton, helping them recover the compensation they deserve.
Preszler Injury Lawyers believes in getting results for our clients. That is why we do not charge a fee until our clients recover compensation. We offer a free case evaluation, during which we will sit down with you in person or speak to you via telephone, let you know what to expect and discuss your options. To reach a personal injury lawyer in Brampton, call 1-800-JUSTICE.
Our personal injury lawyers can meet with you in Brampton for a free initial consultation. Call (416) 364-2000
We Manage All Types of Injury Cases
Another party can cause an injury in many ways. In a car accident, a driver may be financially liable for another driver’s injuries even if no traffic laws were broken. In a slip and fall accident, the property owner or manager may be on the hook for damages if a hazardous condition existed on the property.
Preszler Injury Lawyers has also helped clients injured due to medical malpractice, damaged or defective products, injuries at work, and many other types of cases. For a free, no-risk case evaluation, call 1-800-JUSTICE today.
Brampton Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (416) 364-2000
Holding Another Party Liable
As soon as we take your case, we begin gathering evidence and building a compelling claim for damages. The ultimate goal of our claim is to show that the other party’s actions caused or contributed to your injury, thereby making them financially liable for all or some of the economic and noneconomic losses you incurred.
To demonstrate liability for an injury, we must show four things:
- The other party owed you a duty of care;
- The other party did not uphold their duty of care to you;
- You suffered injuries as a result of their failure of duty;
- You incurred damages because of your injuries.
It is not enough simply to show what the other party did wrong. Your personal injury lawyer in Brampton can help make clear all four elements listed above. By collecting evidence and putting together a robust claim, Preszler Injury Lawyers will help you satisfy all the steps needed to make a robust case for damages.
Be Aware of Contributory Fault
Even if we are able to demonstrate all four elements of a successful personal injury case, the other party (often through their lawyer) may argue contributory fault. In other words, they may try to claim that even though their client was negligent, your own actions also contributed to your injuries. They may use this argument to try to pay you less than the full value of your damages.
We will scour the accident scene, talk to witnesses, examine police reports, and do anything else necessary to defend you against a claim of contributory fault under the R.S.O. 1990, c. N.1, s. 3. Depending on the situation, we may work with experts such as accident reconstructionists to establish exactly how the injury occurred.
How to Protect Yourself After an Injury in Brampton
Your personal injury lawyer in Brampton from Preszler Injury Lawyers can help with the heavy lifting when it comes to getting you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. But there are several things you can do in the meantime to help us make sure your claim is not only strong but airtight.
- Get Medical Attention: Most people know to get medical attention for an injury. Many, however, do not know that they must continue seeing their doctor. If you stop attending appointments or fail to obey your doctor’s order, you put your health at risk and you create an opportunity for the other party to downplay the severity of your injuries—”If you were seriously injured, you would be seeing a doctor regularly.” By receiving regular medical care, you create documentation of the extent of your injuries.
- Avoid Talking to Others About Your Injuries: Only speak to your lawyer about your injuries. Anything you say to others can be twisted and used against you to reduce or deny your claim.
- Save Everything: Do not throw away anything that is related to your injury. Keep the clothes you were wearing at the time, photographs or videos, doctor bills, tow truck receipts, and anything else that we may be able to use to bolster your claim.
Preszler Injury Lawyers helps you recover a settlement for your personal injury in Brampton. We can help you recover money for the following damages and more:
- Medical bills;
- Lost wages;
- Reduced earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Remember the Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations—the time limit for how long you have to file a lawsuit—is only two years under the S.O. 2002, c. 24, Sched. B, s. 4. If you fail to file within this time, you may be unable to recover the compensation you deserve. Make sure you protect your right to compensation and get in touch with us as soon as possible.
Call Today to Schedule Your Free Case Evaluation With Preszler Injury Lawyers
If you suffered an injury, your personal injury lawyer in Brampton from Preszler Injury Lawyers will help you recover the compensation you deserve. Our lawyers fight for the full damages to which our clients are entitled. After receiving the medical care you need, call Preszler Injury Lawyers for a free case evaluation. To reach a member of our team today, call 1-800-JUSTICE.