As patients, we expect that our doctors, nurses, and other medical providers will uphold accepted medical standards of care. Unfortunately, a medical provider or facility can harm you or a loved one through recklessness, omission, or neglect.
A medical malpractice lawyer serving Etobicoke may be able to hold negligent medical providers accountable if they have been negligent. You may be entitled to recover damages such as pain and suffering, lost pay, or wrongful death.
To learn more about potential compensation for a medical malpractice claim, call Preszler Injury Lawyers at 1-800-JUSTICE.
Our medical malpractice lawyers can meet with you in Etobicoke for a free initial consultation. Call (416) 364-2000
When to Call a Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical negligence may create or worsen an injury or illness. A medical malpractice lawyer can help you pursue compensation from those responsible for your injuries and damages if you qualify.
Preszler Injury Lawyers recommends that you call our firm for a free consultation as soon as possible.
There are several reasons why we ask that you do not delay consulting our legal team:
- You have a limited amount of time to seek compensation for injuries and damages caused by medical negligence.
- Evidence may become lost, corrupted, or eroded.
- Witnesses are not as clear if they are asked to recall events months after they happened.
- You may have mounting expenses that are not covered by your insurance, or you may not be able to work.
- We hope to prevent a careless medical provider from harming other innocent people by shining a light on negligent practices.
- And possibly more
There is no fee or obligation when you call for an initial consultation. Our medical malpractice lawyers can help you recover damages on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay lawyer fees unless we successfully recover compensation on your behalf. You have nothing to lose by consulting a lawyer about potential financial recovery and justice.
Call Preszler Injury Lawyers today: 1-800-JUSTICE.
Etobicoke Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me (416) 364-2000
What Causes Medical Malpractice
There are excellent medical providers and facilities in Etobicoke. Preszler Injury Lawyers have the utmost respect for our neighbors who are doctors, nurses, and healthcare professionals.
However, certain factors can increase the risk and likelihood of you or your loved one becoming injured or ill because of medical error.
These factors include:
- Working while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Improper training
- Insufficient support from management or the facility
- Lack of proper equipment
- Staff shortages
- Excessive patient load
- And more
It is rare that a physician or other medical provider acts intentionally to harm a patient. However, a medical error or omission still causes harm to many Canadians each year. It is our goal to hold liable providers accountable and to help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Types of Medical Malpractice
From a dosing error to misplaced test results, a medical error can happen at any stage during a patient’s treatment.
Some of the more common types of medical malpractice that we have seen include:
- Misdiagnosis of an illness or condition can result in a patient undergoing incorrect treatment, the wrong patient receiving treatment, or waiting too long to get the correct treatment.
- Misdiagnosis of a biopsy or medical test can lead to an incorrect diagnosis and a costly delay to a patient’s well-being.
- Birth injuries are often preventable errors that may result in severe physical and cognitive impairment or loss of life.
- Surgical errors include operating on the wrong patient, the wrong body part or organ, or leaving surgical materials inside the patient, causing infection and possible death.
- Medication errors range from improper dosage, dangerous drug interactions, allergic reactions, medicine administered to a patient in error, or an incorrect prescription for the patient’s condition and overall health.
- Anesthesia errors can leave a patient with irreparable physical or cognitive damage and are also a contributor to loss of life following surgery and other medical procedures.
- Infection and preventable complications may occur in a hospital or nursing home when a patient does not receive necessary follow-up or preventative care following an illness, injury, or surgery.
A medical malpractice lawyer serving Etobicoke understands the destructive impact of medical malpractice on the patient and family members. Preszler Injury Lawyers will do all we can to help you recover compensation. Call 1-800-JUSTICE for a free consultation. You may have a limited time to act under the Limitations Act.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Recovering Compensation in a Medical Malpractice Case
Depending on your situation, you may be entitled to following types of damages:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost pay
- Diminished earning ability
- Emotional trauma
- Lifecare costs
- Loss of consortium or companionships
- Medical treatment, equipment, or devices not covered by your health insurance
If you lost a family member because of medical malpractice, please accept our condolences. A medical malpractice lawyer serving Etobicoke from Preszler Injury Lawyers may be able to help you and surviving family members seek potential compensation through a wrongful death action.
We Identify Liable Parties
A medical malpractice case often involves several people and can include the facility where the incident occurred.
It is common for the following individuals to be named in a medical malpractice claim or lawsuit:
- Registered and Licensed Practical Nurses
It takes time to build a compelling case. The sooner you call for a free consultation, the faster you may be able to recover compensation for you and your family.
We Conduct a Thorough Case Review
Medical malpractice cases are complex. You should consult a lawyer with a deep understanding of what is needed to prove liability for the best possible outcome.
Our legal team will carefully examine the details of your case. Our investigation may use evidence such as:
- Medical records, recordings, notes, and test results
- Statements from the defendants on the circumstances, actions, reactions, and procedures that led to the injury, illness, or loss of life
- Witness statements
- Prior complaints or violations
- Testimony from medical experts
- Photos or videos that show patient’s “before and after” medical status
A medical malpractice lawyer will seek the proper documentation to help your case.
Call a Medical Malpractice Lawyer Serving Etobicoke Today
Preszler Injury Lawyers is with you at each stage of your case. If medical malpractice has injured you or a loved one, it is time to act. Call for a free consultation today: 1-800-JUSTICE.