A slip and fall or trip and fall accident can cause extensive physical damage and even death. These accidents are especially prevalent in Canada, where harsh winter conditions pose a high risk of walkways, staircases, roads, and other areas icing over.
It is the duty of a property’s caretaker—whether it is a business owner or individual—to ensure the public’s safety amidst these perilous conditions. When they do not give proper care to the safety of others, the consequences can be severe.
If you or a loved one were injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident in Bowmanville, a lawyer can help you pursue damages. Call our team at the Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free consultation.
Our slip and fall accident lawyers can meet with you in Bowmanville for a free initial consultation. Call (416) 364-2000
Do Not Wait to Contact a Slip, Trip, and Fall Lawyer Serving Bowmanville
Canada imposes a time limit on your ability to bring legal action against the liable party who caused you or your loved one’s slip and fall or trip and fall injuries. The basic limitation period within the Limitations Act states that “a proceeding shall not be commenced in respect of a claim after the second anniversary of the day on which the claim was discovered.”
In other words, you generally have two years from the date of the incident to bring legal action against the liable party. However, the specifics of each case vary, and if you did not discover your injuries until a later date, your window to bring a personal injury claim may be wider. Additional exceptions could impact your case, so it is imperative that you discuss your unique circumstances with a legal professional right away.
Understanding how the specifics of your claim impact your pursuit of financial damages is critical. A lawyer can explain the basics of filing a personal injury claim and assist you throughout the entirety of the process.
Bowmanville Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me (416) 364-2000
We Will Help You Establish the Fault of the Liable Party
For a personal injury claim to be successful, we must establish that the liable party was at fault for your accident and, by extension, your resulting damages. We can help you establish that:
- The liable party had a duty of care to ensure your safety
- The liable party breached that duty of care through careless or negligent action (or inaction)
- Their breach of the duty of care contributed to or directly caused your injury or your loved one’s death
- Those injuries entitle you to financial damages
Canadian courts look for specific criteria when establishing the breach of one’s duty of care, and a personal injury lawyer serving Bowmanville can help ensure that you present a strong case that fully supports your claim.
We Craft the Specifics of Your Case Into an Effective Pursuit of Damages
Several conditions may lead to slip or trip and fall accidents. Injuries resulting from these incidents can be extensive, life-altering, or even fatal. Often, the factors that caused the injuries are preventable.
Avoidable factors that can contribute to slip and fall or trip and fall injuries include:
- Slippery surfaces, including wet, icy, and snow-covered walkways
- Cluttered walkways
- Potholes in parking lots and other public spaces
- Dated, torn, and ripped carpeting
- Broken and cracked sidewalks
- Loose floorboards
- Loose or broken railings on staircases or balconies
- Puddles and other spills that were not cleaned up promptly, or that were not properly marked with signage
These are just a few of the conditions that can lead to a successful personal injury claim against a property owner or other liable party. We can help you better understand how preventable property conditions contributed to your injuries or the death of a loved one. Call our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Potential Damages Awarded in Slip or Trip and Fall Claims
Our history of successful personal injury cases gives us an idea of the damages that victims of a slip or trip and fall could recover. These potential damages include:
- The cost of emergency transportation
- ER bills
- Surgery costs
- Rehabilitation costs
- Past, present and future lost wages
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
If you lost a loved one from a slip or trip and fall accident, you may be entitled to damages for funeral and burial expenses and from your loss of consortium, which includes the immense cost of lost companionship in the case of a spouse, lost guidance in the case of a child, and lost financial protection in both cases.
A Lawyer Will Guide You Through the Entirety of Your Case
One of our personal injury lawyers serving Bowmanville can come to you if your injuries prevent you from traveling. From our initial meeting to the conclusion of your case, we will serve as your support and counsel.
Some of the responsibilities we take on for our clients include:
- Speaking with you at length about the specifics of your case, your injuries, and how your life has been impacted by you or your loved one’s accident
- Visiting the scene of the accident to better understand the conditions that resulted in your injuries or loved one’s death
- Speaking with your caregiver and other medical professionals to understand and document the extent of your injuries
- Reviewing and filing any photographic or video evidence of the incident for use in court
- Filing a claim with the liable party’s insurer
- Pursuing your legal case from the start through to its conclusion, which could result in a favorable judgement or settlement
We Will Handle Any Settlement Negotiations
We are prepared for the liable party’s lawyers’ argument that their client was not at fault for the conditions that caused your injuries or a loved one’s death. We will gather the evidence required for your claim. We will fight for a fair settlement, and we will take your case to trial if we are unable to come to an equitable agreement with the liable party in certain circumstances.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win
Our goal is to ensure that our clients emerge from the legal process in a better financial position than when they entered. This is why you will pay nothing unless we win for you.
Call a Slip, Trip, and Fall Lawyer Serving Bowmanville Today to Get Started
Take the first step towards pursuing the damages you deserve. Call our team at the Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free consultation and case review.