If a dog bit you or a family member, please get medical attention right away. There could be serious health consequences if the bite becomes infected or if the animal was not properly vaccinated.
After you have seen your healthcare provider, we invite you to call Preszler Injury Lawyers for a free initial consultation. You may be eligible to recover compensation.
If traveling to our office is difficult for you, we may be able to come to you. Please call 1-800-JUSTICE today.
Our dog bite lawyers can meet with you in Bowmanville for a free initial consultation. Call (416) 364-2000
Potential Injuries from Dog Bites
According to the Humane Society of Canada (HSC), there is a dog bite every 60 seconds.
Depending on the dog’s size and the duration and intensity of the attack, some of the following injuries may occur:
- Bleeding, sometimes excessive
- Damage to blood vessels, internal organs, bones, nerves, or ligaments
- Bacterial and/or viral infections (including rabies and tetanus)
- And possibly more
There are also emotional injuries after a dog bite. You might experience depression, anxiety, insomnia, or develop a fear of dogs.
Bowmanville Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me (416) 364-2000
Our Legal Team May Be Able to Investigate for Potential Liability and Compensation
A study conducted by the Canadian Hospitals Injury Reporting and Prevention Program (CHIRPP) revealed that the majority of dog bites happened without any interaction between the victim and the animal.
In our experience as dog bite lawyers, some owners or handlers fail to take reasonable measures to prevent the animal from attacking and causing injuries.
That is why our legal team may conduct a thorough examination of your case by focusing on such factors as:
- If the dog’s owner took reasonable measures to control the animal, such as using a leash and/or muzzle and keeping the dog in a fenced yard or kennel
- If the dog’s owner saw the attack but did not try to protect you
- And possibly other such issues
You may be eligible for compensation if our legal team determines that the owner is liable for your injuries through the Ontario Dog Owner’s Liability Act of 1990.
To find out more about how Preszler Injury Lawyers may be able to help you get compensation, call 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation.
How Our Legal Team May Help with Your Dog Bite Lawsuit
Proving liability in a dog bite case is not always as simple as it might appear. It is important that you consult with an injury lawyer who understands the complexity of these cases.
While we cannot be able to promise the outcome of your particular case, Preszler Injury Lawyers may be able to fight for compensation if we show a relevant link between the responsible party and your injuries.
We may be able to help you recover potential compensation by:
- Investigating the circumstances of the attack
- Reviewing your injuries with input from your doctor or healthcare provider
- Securing videos, photos, police reports, and other documentation
- Researching the dog’s owner, operator, or handler for prior attacks or complaints
- Filing a detailed claim against the responsible party’s insurance
- Taking your case to court if we are unable to negotiate with the at-fault party or their insurance carrier
You have a limited amount of time to take legal action, so please call Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You May Be Eligible for Compensation for Your Injuries and Trauma
If our legal team shows that the dog’s owner is liable, you could recover compensation for damages that may include but are not limited to:
- Medical bills
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Property damaged during or because of the attack
Depending on the severity and extent of your injuries, we may also recover damages for:
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- And more, if you qualify
Please be aware that these are only some of the damages associated with dog bite cases. Your specific injuries may be similar or different to those listed. That is why you should consult with a dog bite lawyer serving Bowmanville who may be able to help you recover compensation.
Call 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation. Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis.
Most Homeowner Insurance Policies Cover Animal Bites
Many dog bites are from animals that belong to a friend, neighbor or relative. Sometimes a dog bite victim is reluctant to seek compensation because they do not want to sue someone they know.
Most homeowners’ insurance policies cover dog bites. A lawyer with our firm may be able to resolve your case through an insurance settlement.
We May Be Able to File the Injury Claim for You While You Are Recovering
Preszler Injury Lawyers takes care of the time-consuming details to get you the compensation you may be eligible to receive. This service allows you to focus on rest and recovery from your injuries.
Our legal team may be able to:
- Obtain medical and injury reports
- Compile receipts and bills of your economic loss
- Secure expert testimony or documentation of your noneconomic losses, such as mental anguish
- Communicate with the insurance adjuster on your behalf
- And more as needed
We would be honored to help you and your family. For a free initial consultation, call Preszler Injury Lawyers at 1-800-JUSTICE.
Call a Dog Bite Lawyer Serving Bowmanville Today
If a dog bite has caused you or a family member to suffer physical and emotional injuries, you might be eligible for compensation. A dog bite lawyer with Preszler Injury Lawyers may be able to recover damages for your medical bills and other losses.
For a free initial consultation, call 1-800-JUSTICE.