If your injury was caused by someone else’s negligent behaviour, you have the right to hold him or her responsible for your losses.
For a free initial consultation to review your options, contact Preszler Injury Lawyers. Our legal team is standing by to see if you have a case. Call a personal injury lawyer serving Bowmanville now at 1-800-JUSTICE.
Our personal injury lawyers can meet with you in Bowmanville for a free initial consultation. Call (416) 364-2000
Common Personal Injury Accidents That Occur in Bowmanville
While we work with clients on all types of personal injury cases, some of the most common types of accidents that occur are:
Car accidents happen every day, and the vast majority are caused by negligence on behalf of one of the drivers. According to the Ontario Ministry of Transportation, the most common types of collisions in 2018 involved:
- Large trucks
- Drinking and driving
- Inattentive driving
Medical Malpractice Cases
Common medical malpractice cases can include surgical errors, missed diagnoses, or misdiagnoses. Misdiagnoses can result in the wrong medication being prescribed, causing serious complications. Diagnoses that are missed can delay healing or result in potentially deadly complications.
If you suspect that one of your loved ones lost his or her life as a result of medical malpractice, contact Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free review of your case.
Dog Bite Cases
Dog bites can be lethal. Victims can break bones being knocked over by a dog and suffer serious or life-threatening injuries from the bites themselves. Even when the bites are minor, they can increase the risk of infection or disease from the bacteria inside the dog’s mouth.
Slip and Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents can happen at any time, in any place. They were the most common injury from 2016 to 2017, according to the Canadian Health Institute for Health Information.
Canada has high safety standards for products that are sold to consumers. However, despite best efforts, unsafe and harmful products can still make their way to consumers and result in serious injury or even death.
In order to prove product liability, you must be able to prove you:
- Used an unsafe or defective product
- That the product caused an injury
- That the manufacturer or distributor was negligent or should have known about the problem and failed to take action
Bowmanville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (416) 364-2000
Common Injuries That Occur in Personal Injury Accidents
Injuries from personal injury accidents can range in seriousness, but if they were caused by someone else’s negligent actions, you have the right to hold them responsible. Some of the common injuries that occur in personal injury accidents are:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Neck injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord damage
- Herniated discs
- Torn ligaments
- Cuts and lacerations
Types of Damages You May Recover in a Personal Injury Claim
Every case is different, and so there is no way to estimate the exact damages you will be able to recover in your personal injury claim. A personal injury lawyer serving Bowmanville can, however, provide you with an accurate estimate of the value of your case and offer guidance for how you should proceed.
Some of the common types of damages that victims are able to recover after personal injury cases are:
- Out-of-pocket deductibles for hospital stays and medical care
- The cost of future medical expenses
- The current and estimated future costs from lost wages
- Future losses if the victim is unable to return to work and earn income in the same capacity
- Cost of specialized therapy and rehabilitation
- Cost of at-home medical care or assistive devices
- Pain and suffering
If your family member died as a result of injuries sustained in the personal injury accident, your family may be entitled to recover damages associated with a wrongful death lawsuit. Those include:
- Loss of support and protection
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of wages and benefits that were provided by the victim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Bowmanville Can Help
A personal injury lawyer can explain what rights you have for pursuing damages in your case and the type of compensation that is available to you. He or she can take the burden off your shoulders and build your case so you can focus on where your time is best spent: healing from your injuries.
Here are a few specific ways that a lawyer at Preszler Injury Lawyers can help.
- Gather evidence such as police reports, photographs, and eyewitness testimony.
- Obtain medical records, expense receipts, pay stubs, and a doctor’s prognosis.
- Work with experts to determine how your injuries will impact your future quality of life and the ability to return to work.
- Explain how you should handle communication with the insurance company to avoid inadvertently reducing the value of your claim.
- Calculating the value of your case based on the total losses you have suffered.
- Negotiate with the insurance company to reach an agreeable settlement.
Our goal is to pursue compensation with the insurance company to the fullest extent of your injuries. We also aim to ease your financial and legal burdens as we build your case and pursue your claim, which is why we do not charge up-front fees. We also do not collect payment until our clients receive a favourable settlement.
If you are in the hospital or home-bound, suffering from severe injuries that prevent you from travelling, we can come to you. Our legal team is ready to talk to you today to see if you have a case. Contact us now at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation.