We understand how it feels when a personal injury accident completely derails your life. You are going through your day as usual when an unexpected accident happens that leaves you injured, in pain, and possibly with a rapidly growing number of medical bills that must be paid.
Whether your injury happened as a result of a car accident, slip and fall, disability claim, or medical malpractice, if your injuries are the result of someone else’s negligent actions, you have the right to hold them responsible.
Find out if you have a case today. Call Preszler Injury Lawyers at 1-800-JUSTICE to speak with a personal injury lawyer serving Thunder Bay. We offer a free initial consultation to help you understand what your options are for recovering your losses.
Our personal injury lawyers can meet with you in Thunder Bay for a free initial consultation. Call (416) 364-2000
Common Types of Personal Injury Accidents and Injuries
The severity of injuries sustained in personal injury accidents can vary, as do the details. Some of the most common types of personal injury accidents are:
Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall victims often recover with minimal long-term damage. However, for some victims—especially the elderly—the accident can follow them for life. These accidents are commonly caused by:
- Loose floorboards
- Cluttered walkways
- Slippery floors
- Icy walkways
- Torn or ripped carpeting
- Cracked or broken sidewalks
Some of the injuries that victims experience as a result of slip and fall accidents include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Back and spine injuries
- Torn ligaments and tendons
- Broken hips
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
Automobile accidents can be caused by a number of different factors, including:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to heed traffic signals
- Unsafe lane changes
- Drowsy driving
- Aggressive driving
- Errors in judgment
These accidents can quickly become catastrophic for the victims and their families. Some of the possible injuries in auto accidents are:
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
- Herniated discs
- Torn ligaments
- Cuts and lacerations
- Spinal cord damage
- Damage to internal organs
Dog bites can cause not only serious physical injuries but psychological injuries as well. Dog’s mouths can carry serious diseases. Even a minor wound can become severely infected after a bite. Some of the possible dog bite injuries include:
- Broken or fractured bones from falling
- Muscular damage
Some of the possible medical malpractice injuries include:
- Misdiagnosis: when misdiagnosis occurs, the wrong medication can be prescribed, which can potentially harm the patient.
- Delayed diagnosis: patients can experience serious, potentially deadly complications if healthcare professionals do not identify an illness or condition promptly.
- Surgical errors: many things can go wrong when a patient undergoes surgery, including mistakes on the part of the physician.
- Anesthesia errors: administering too much, too little, or using the wrong type of anesthetic on a patient can have severe side effects.
These are just a few of the possible accidents that can cause life-altering injuries. Regardless of the severity of your injuries, though, if your accident was caused by some else’s willful or negligent behavior, you have the right to hold that individual responsible for their actions.
To speak with a personal injury lawyer serving Thunder Bay, call 1-800-JUSTICE. Preszler Injury Lawyers offers a free initial consultation to help you understand what your options are for recovering your losses. If your injuries prevent you from traveling, we are happy to come to you.
Thunder Bay Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (416) 364-2000
Calculating the Value of a Personal Injury Claim
An experienced lawyer can help calculate the specific value of your personal injury claim. A personal injury lawyer can help you analyze expenses that you have incurred to date as well as any future expenses you expect to have. He or she can also calculate the cost of noneconomic damages like pain and suffering.
Some of the most common losses a lawyer will consider are:
- Out-of-pocket expenses or deductibles related to your accident
- Future estimated medical expenses
- Current wages and any future wages if you are unable to return to work
- The cost of specialized therapy and rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
If your family member passed away as a result of the severity of the injuries sustained in the accident, you may be entitled to specific damages related to a wrongful death claim.
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of support and protection
- Loss of wages and benefits that were provided by the victim
- Loss of consortium
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Thunder Bay Can Help
To justify filing a personal injury claim, the injured must prove that the other person involved in the accident is responsible for the physical, financial, or emotional injuries. A personal injury lawyer can take the burden of proving the other person was at fault for the injuries off of your shoulders.
At Preszler Injury Lawyers, we can help by:
- Gathering evidence such as reports from the Thunder Bay Police Service, photographs and videos of the accident scene, eyewitness testimony, or damaged property
- Collecting medical records, doctor’s treatment recommendations, pay stubs, and expense receipts
- Working with experts to determine the impact your injuries will have on your quality of life and your ability to return to work and earn an income for your family
- Communicating with insurance companies on your behalf or providing you with guidance for how to handle communications with insurance companies without reducing the value of your claim
- Providing you with an accurate estimate of the value of your case
- Advising you how to proceed with offers made by an insurance company
The sooner you contact a personal injury lawyer serving Thunder Bay after your accident, the easier it will be to gather evidence and start building a case to recover damages related to your accident. To get started right away or to take advantage of our free initial consultation, contact Preszler Injury Lawyers at 1-800-JUSTICE. We are happy to come to you if your injuries prevent you from traveling.