If you are struggling to secure the disability benefits you need or simply do not know where to start the legal process, a disability lawyer serving Bradford may be able to help. Call our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation.
Our disability lawyers can meet with you in Bradford for a free initial consultation. Call (416) 364-2000
There Are Many Types of Disabilities
Some people have a preconceived image in their mind of what it means to be disabled. But the range of disabilities for which you may receive benefits may be broader than you realize. We see disability benefits awarded for many conditions, including:
- Autoimmune disorders
- Nervous system disorders
- Chronic pain
- Back injury
- Heart disease and stroke
- Mental disorders
- Respiratory illness
- Skin disorders
- Digestive tract disorders
The list goes on. If you have questions about whether a condition that restricts you in some way could make you eligible for long-term disability benefits, call us today.
Bradford Disability Lawyer Near Me (416) 364-2000
Getting the Disability Benefits You Need Is Often Easier Said Than Done
The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada explains that you can purchase a private disability plan to protect you in the event that you become injured and cannot work. Most insurance companies do not want to issue you payments for your disabilities. To avoid paying you benefits, the insurance company might make the process more difficult than it needs to be. They might wrongfully deny your claim or cause you to jeopardize your claim in some way.
We may be able to represent you and build the strongest possible case to recover the benefits you may be eligible to receive.
We May Be Able to Erase Your Confusion
Much of the trouble with obtaining disability benefits arises from complicated benefits policies and other forms of red tape and fine print. Our lawyers have experience handling these cases and may be able to help you pursue your claim.
Once we are retained, Preszler Injury Lawyers will help counter many of the tactics that an insurer may take to delay your benefits, including:
- Throwing overly vague or misleading information at you seemingly to complicate matters.
- Insisting that you undergo a medical examination with “their preferred professionals.” You may not have to do this.
- Employing legal counsel to argue against your claim.
- Using similar tactics to delay your benefits or payout in the hope that you will give up your pursuit.
We may be able to put your burdens on our shoulders. Once we are hired, we will endeavour to handle your case from our initial meeting throughout the completion of a settlement or judgment.
How a Disability Lawyer Serving Bradford May Be Able to Prove Your Case
While every case is different, we may perform some of these tasks to form your case plan:
- Meeting with you to discuss your condition, what led to your disability, and how your injuries have hindered your ability to maintain stable employment
- Obtaining and documenting any CT scans, MRIs, and lab tests that illustrate the nature and extent of your disability
- Consulting your doctors and other medical professionals to document the full extent of your injuries in a way that can help in court or settlement negotiations
- Speaking with your family and friends as testimonials to how your disability has impacted your life
- Contacting your employer, current or former, to attest that you were once healthy, and now are not
- Making sure that you have applied for the correct government benefits which may be required under your policy
- Explaining every detail of the proceedings to you as we progress through the case
We understand that you are facing great difficulty as a result of your disability. A disability lawyer serving Bradford may be able to help you pursue financial relief as soon as possible. Call our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What You May Receive From a Successful Claim
Disability benefits are generally designed to pay a certain percentage of your pre-disability income to help replace the wages lost due to an inability to maintain regular employment. In addition to lost wages, you could be compensated for:
- The cost of your medical appointments
- Cost of any ongoing rehabilitation related to your injury
- Other forms of medical care, such as dental care
- Any dependents (children) who have also been impacted by your disability
Each case is different, and we cannot make promises. However, these are not unrealistic expectations for those who are seeking relief from their disability. We want to hear your story, so call us today.
Preszler Injury Lawyers Works on a Contingency Basis
Our lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis, which means that you only pay us if we successfully obtain disability benefits on your behalf. You owe us no up-front fees. Do not wait—call our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation.