If you or a loved one are disabled and have had your disability benefits denied, you may require financial assistance to maintain the quality of life that you deserve.
A disability lawyer serving Guelph can explain your options for obtaining financial relief. Call our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free consultation regarding your case.
Our disability lawyers can meet with you in Guelph for a free initial consultation. Call 1-877-573-3563
Any Number of Disabilities Can Take You Out of the Game
A debilitating accident or condition will quickly make you realize how you took the most basic abilities for granted. Of the many ways that disability impacts your life, the impossibility of maintaining the same level of productive work that you once did can be the most frustrating.
We assist Guelph clients in obtaining the financial help they need, and we have seen a bevy of conditions accounted for with disability benefits. These include but are not limited to:
- Mental disorders
- Chronic pain
- Autoimmune disorders
- Respiratory disorders
- Cardiovascular problems, such as heart disease or stroke
- Nervous system disorders
- Skin disorders
- Digestive tract disorders
Any of these disabilities can be debilitating, as all cases vary in their extent and form. If you experience any of these conditions or another ailment that is not listed, we want to hear from you. You may be eligible to receive financial compensation.
Guelph Disability Lawyer Near Me 1-877-573-3563
Insurance Often Does Not Cut It
Most Canadian employers have some form of employment insurance, and if your employer does not, the Canadian government offers various forms of assistance. These benefits may be enough for you to subsist on, and we will help you explore options like sickness benefits and other short-term disability remedies.
But often basic insurance benefits do not replace the entirety of your lost wages, and are not enough for you to get by on. Yet, an estimated one in five Canadians ages 15 and over—6.2 million people—had one or more disabilities that limited their daily activities as of 2017.
But Canada improved protections for those who find themselves unable to collect a living wage through the Employment Insurance Act of 1996. We may be able to secure benefits for you through this Act. If not, Canada also offers routes to disability benefits for those who do not have basic employment insurance.
With all of this in mind, insurance-oriented routes may not be the best option for you. A disability lawyer serving Guelph can guide you through this thought process and get the ball rolling if further legal action is required to secure the benefits you need. Call our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free consultation regarding your case.
What We Will Do for You
Preszler Injury Lawyers can assist you in a number of ways, including:
- Explaining your available options for insurance-funded benefits
- Combatting any attempts to stall or withhold the benefits you are entitled to by the insurance company
- Helping you determine whether further legal action in pursuit of your benefits is necessary, and if it is, then:
- Speaking with your medical caregivers to document the full extent of your injuries in their words
- Collecting accounts from family members, friends, and employers about how your disability has negatively impacted you
- Collecting and archiving medical records, test results, CAT scans, MRI images, and any other documentation of your injuries for use at trial
- Initiating and completing all necessary legal requirements, from filing to correspondence and everything in between
- Acting as your legal counselor from our initial meeting until the completion of a settlement or judgment
- Ensuring that your rights are protected through the entirety of the legal process
Benefits You May Receive If Successful
Our experience pursuing disability benefits on behalf of our clients gives us a good idea of what expenses you may have covered. These include but are not limited to:
- Wages you have lost because of your disability
- Any diminished earning capacity resulting from your disability
- The cost of your medical appointments, and the cost of transportation to those appointments
- The cost of any ongoing rehabilitation related to your disability
- Expenses from dependents (children) in your care
Each case is different, but these are some of the standard reimbursements that arise in successful disability claims.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Can Help Your Child
About one-third of youths with severe disabilities are neither in school nor employed. This is often not by choice — they simply cannot carry out the daily tasks and behaviors required to maintain a regular school schedule or job.
These children and their caretakers face a unique set of hurdles, including but not limited to:
- Little or no educational accommodation
- General lack of services and funding
- Bullying and exclusion even if they are able to attend school
Parents of disabled children are often at a loss, as they cannot afford to simply take off work to watch their child, at least not without additional financial assistance. These cases are often compelling, as disabled children are truly defenseless and in need of full-time care.
If you are the parent of a child with one or more disability, a disability lawyer serving Guelph will walk you through the avenues to obtaining disability benefits.
You Only Pay for Results
Our team of lawyers works on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that you only pay when we secure disability compensation on your behalf. We want to hear from you, so call our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation regarding your case.