If your disabling condition is keeping you from working, you may need disability benefits. If you want to seek financial compensation to cover the lost wages and other consequences of disability, a disability lawyer serving London may be able to help.
Call our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation regarding your case.
Our disability lawyers can meet with you in London for a free initial consultation. Call 1-877-573-3563
There May Be Several Avenues for Obtaining Disability Compensation
You may have a few avenues for obtaining the compensation you need. A disability lawyer serving London may be able to help you better understand each of these options.
We may be able to help with long-term disability benefit cases involving:
- Heart disease
- Nervous system disorders
- Back injury
- Chronic pain
- Mental disorders
- And more
A disability lawyer serving London from our firm wants to hear about your symptoms and discuss how we may be able to help pursue disability benefits. These benefits do have some limitations that you must be aware of. For example:
- Disability benefits may only replace 60%-85% of your lost wages.
- The courts may use their discretion in determining whether you are eligible to receive these benefits and how much you should receive.
- These benefits may not cover you for the remainder of your life.
- For some, these benefits are not enough to cover basic expenses.
The Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
As part of your application for long term disability benefits, The Canada Pension Plan is typically a resource for older Canadians who have paid into the pension fund throughout their lives. However, what is commonly misunderstood, is that there are alternative forms of CPP which may be available to you even if you are not ready to retire. CPP offers at least three ways to obtain benefits, including:
- CPP Disability Pension Plan: This benefit is a taxable monthly payment for those who, because of their disability, are unable to work regularly at any job. If this describes you, a disability lawyer serving London may be able to secure your benefits under the Disability Pension Plan.
- CPP Post-Retirement Disability Benefit: This benefit is essentially the same type of benefit as the Disability Pension Plan, but for those aged 65 and under.
- Children’s Benefit: Those who require disability benefits under the CPP and who have dependent children may be eligible for additional benefits.
London Disability Lawyer Near Me 1-877-573-3563
What a Disability Lawyer Serving London May Be Able to Do for You
Some people may have difficulty understanding their policy. Fine print, vague and misleading language, and legal and insurance jargon may present roadblocks to obtaining greater benefits. To help you, our team may:
- Analyze any existing insurance policy you have and help you understand the language of the policy
- Speak with your insurer on your behalf to obtain additional information about your policy and what benefits you may be owed
Insurance companies may attempt to have you undergo examinations with their own medical professionals. This tactic may be used to disqualify you from benefits, and we may be able to advise you on an appropriate course of action if such a scenario does arise.
We may also recognize when an insurer is employing stall tactics to avoid paying benefits, and we may be able to counter these tactics with time-tested legal strategies on your behalf.
We May Be Able to Help Build and Present Your Disability Case
We undertake several responsibilities when our clients decide to pursue disability benefits. We may:
- Speak with your medical professionals to understand the extent of your injuries, and explain to the court how those injuries have impacted your ability to earn a wage
- Speak with your employer and others who can attest to your injuries and inability to maintain employment
- Explain any clauses in your insurance policy that may allow you to obtain further compensation
- Ensure you remain informed and up to date about the status of your case
You Pay Only When We Win
Our lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning that you only pay us if we win for you. Call our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation regarding your case.