If you or a loved one is injured and needs assistance getting by, disability payments may be a great help if you qualify. According to the Canada Pension Plan Disability Benefits, if you have private or employer-provided insurance, these payments may be able to pay up to 60% to 70% of your income before you were unable to work. A disability lawyer serving Port Hope may be able to help you fight for these benefits. Call our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation regarding your case.
Our disability lawyers can meet with you in Port Hope for a free initial consultation. Call 1-877-573-3563
We Want to Help You Regardless of How Your Injuries Occurred
We see a slew of conditions leading our clients to miss work for long periods of time. When an accident, a chronic condition, or other unfortunate circumstance robs you of your ability to earn a living, you may be left wondering how you can make ends meet.
We often see disability payments issued to clients covering:
- Chronic pain
- Respiratory disorders
- Autoimmune disorders
- Nervous system disorders
- Cardiovascular problems
- Skin disorders
- Digestive tract disorders
- Mental disorders
- And possibly more
These are only a few of the common conditions for which clients may receive compensation. If you are unable to work at the capacity you would like due to any of these conditions, or any that are not listed, we want to hear from you.
Port Hope Disability Lawyer Near Me 1-877-573-3563
A Disability Lawyer May Be Able to Help You Fight Stall and Denial Tactics by the Insurance Companies
Unfortunately, getting the disability benefits you need is not always easy. Whether you are dealing with a private insurer or a state-run agency, you might find yourself facing several tactics aimed at devaluing or denying your long-term disability claim. A lawyer may be able to help you resolve many of the issues you might possibly run into when seeking long-term disability benefits. A lawyer may be able to:
- Read over your disability insurance policy and decipher any vague, complex, or confusing language for you
- File any documentation required for you to obtain benefits
- Speak with your medical caregivers to understand and obtain documentation for your disabling injuries
- Initiate any legal processes and handle all legal correspondence required to obtain your disability benefits
It can be very difficult for individuals to fight against tactics that insurance companies may deploy to avoid paying your benefits. We at Preszler Injury Lawyers are prepared for your insurance company to:
- Insist that you comply with thinly veiled stall tactics, such as an insistence that you receive a medical examination with its preferred physicians
- Deploy lawyers in the hopes that you eventually succumb and abandon your disability claim
- Throw a slew of complicated, intimidating paperwork at you in the further hope that you abandon your claim
- Deny, stall, and deny your benefits, hoping that you do not have the legal acumen to counter these attempts at withholding your benefits
We are familiar with these tactics and know-how to counter them. We want to handle this aspect of obtaining disability benefits on your behalf so that you may focus on recovery. If your claim has been denied or you are facing push-back from your insurance company, a disability lawyer may be of great help.
What Else a Disability Lawyer Serving Port Hope May Do for You
Beyond exploring your avenues for obtaining long-term disability benefits through insurance-based avenues, we may be able to take on any legal fight in pursuit of financial relief. When you work with our team, we may also handle the following:
- Coming to you if you are unable to travel in order to get the full picture of your circumstances
- Speaking to and maintaining contact with your medical caregivers to document the circumstances, extent, and impact of your disability on your ability to earn a steady income
- Collecting and reviewing any video or photographic evidence if an accident was the cause of your disability
- Combatting any attempts by insurance carriers to stall or withhold benefits
- Speaking to your friends, family members, and employer(s) to document how your disability has impacted your life
- Archiving any test results, medical bills, and imaging that make clear the nature and extent of your disability
- Handling the legal aspects of your case from start to finish
- Ensuring that your rights are protected from our initial meeting through the completion of a settlement or judgment
A disability that prevents you from working could also prevent you from carrying out a successful legal claim. Allow us to help, call our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-JUSTICE for a free initial consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Your Disability Benefits May Cover the Following
All cases are different, and we can advise you about the benefits you may be entitled to after reviewing the specifics of your case. That said, disability benefits may cover:
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- The cost of medical appointments, rehabilitation, and travel to and from those appointments
- Expenses stemming from any dependents (children) you have who are impacted by your inability to work
- And more if you qualify
Benefits may cover additional costs if you are experiencing unique or extenuating circumstances. We may discuss other avenues of collecting disability payments, such as from the Canada Pension Plan (CCP).
Do Not Wait to Contact a Disability Lawyer Serving Port Hope
While your income may have been drastically reduced or completely halted due to your disability, your bills have almost certainly not stopped. This is just one reason why we urge you not to wait to seek out a long-term disability lawyer.
Getting disability benefits is not always easy, and the process can take months or even longer. The sooner we get the ball rolling, the better.
If you are unsure whether your condition qualifies you for disability payments, stop wondering and call us today. Call our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers at 1-800-JUSTICE today for a free initial consultation regarding your case.