You have faithfully been paying into your long-term disability insurance plan with the understanding that, should you ever need financial help after a serious injury or illness, you would be covered. Now that you are in this very position, your insurance company has denied your claim for benefits.
This headache is the last thing you need as you work through the pain and discomfort of your medical condition—and it may only get worse. The insurance company is in no hurry to pay you the compensation you deserve, but a long-term disability claims lawyer serving St. Catharines has every incentive to get you your benefits.
Preszler Injury Lawyers gets paid only if and when we win your case. We stand up to your insurance company in the face of your claim denial. Call us today for an initial, free consultation: (416) 364-2000.
Our st. catharines long-term disability claims lawyer lawyers can meet with you in St. Catharines for a free initial consultation. Call 1-877-573-3563
Sometimes Insurance Companies Show Bad Faith
When an insurance company denies your initial claim, do not assume they did so because you do not qualify for compensation. For many insurers, an initial denial is just standard operating procedure—it is the way they have chosen to do business. Sometimes, though, they are not respecting the policy and the terms to receive benefits for which you paid.
Examples of bad faith tactics that insurance companies use include:
- Insisting that you can return to work when you are not able
- Delaying claims for unreasonable lengths of time
- Issuing benefits payments that are less than what the policy stipulates
- Demanding that you send information you have already sent or requiring frivolous or excessive documentation
- Denying a claim for inappropriate reasons
When an insurance company acts in bad faith, they are hoping you may give up and walk away. The last thing they want is for you to hire a lawyer who knows how they operate and has the time, resources, and incentive to prove your claim.
St. Catharines St. Catharines Long-Term Disability Claims Lawyer Lawyer Near Me 1-877-573-3563
A Long-Term Disability Claims Lawyer Serving St. Catharines May Be Able to Help You
Your insurance company may not only delay or deny paying out claims, but they also have immense resources and every advantage in the claims process.
When you hire a long-term disability lawyer serving St. Catharines from Preszler Injury Lawyers, you level the playing field. Our lawyers know the procedures and rules of the insurance game. We know that your insurer might deny your claim on the grounds of:
- Submitting an incomplete application
- Providing unclear medical evidence
- Receiving a late claim
- Claiming that you can work when you can
- Claiming that you are no longer disabled
- Blaming your disability on a pre-existing impairment
By filing a lawsuit against the insurance, you level the playing field. The litigation process will expose the truth in your claim and will often lead to reinstatement or settlement.
What Preszler Injury Lawyers May Be Able to Do as Your Law Firm
When you hire our firm to handle your long-term disability claim denial, we take care of every step in the process. We stay on top of deadlines, challenge the insurance company, and fight for your right to receive benefits.
Specifically, you may count on our lawyers to:
- Review your policy to make sure you are in good standing
- Explain your policy’s terms for long-term disability benefits eligibility
- Gather evidence to support your claim
- Collaborate with vocational experts who give their expert opinions about your ability to work
- Ensure that all your paperwork and documentation is submitted on or before the deadline
- Stay on top of the entire process
- Maintain vigilant contact with your insurer
- Press your insurance company to push through unnecessary delays
- Make sure you stay informed throughout the process, from onset to conclusion
Rid yourself of the emotional weight that comes with fighting with insurance companies, waiting for calls, and enduring periods where the insurer goes dark with no communication about your disability benefits. This is what we do, and we are eager to go to battle for you so you may focus on your medical condition.
Call Preszler Injury Lawyers today at (416) 364-2000 for an initial free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Long-Term Disability Insurance Policies Expect
Although from one policy to the next, details may differ, long-term disability insurance generally requires the same criteria in order for a policyholder to claim benefits.
- You must have a current diagnosis for a medical condition.
- You expect your injury or illness to last for a minimum of six months to a year.
- Your medical condition prevents you from performing the duties of your current job.
Your insurer may not just take you at your word when it comes to meeting these requirements. They require certain types of proof. Our lawyers know what types of documentation and medical records may pass muster. We may be able to gather this information and organize it to support your claim.
We have access to an array of medical and vocational therapy experts who may be able to attest to your inability to work—whether at your current job or any type of job—backing up your claim with their expert opinions on the subject.
How Payments Are Determined
According to the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada, long-term disability payments generally provide monthly compensation that equates to 60 to 70 percent of your standard monthly work income.
When reviewing your application for benefits, the insurance company checks your usual paycheck amount and uses it as a base for determining your monthly compensation benefit. If you earn a salary, this amount is consistent and easy to calculate. However, if you are paid by the hour or in a contract capacity, your monthly pay may vary.
In an attempt to save money, some insurers may base your benefits on the lowest rate of income. Our lawyers will help determine the correct amount owing.
Call a Long-Term Disability Claims Lawyer Serving St. Catharines Today
Whether your insurance company is engaging in unfair practices, or they genuinely believe you are not eligible for the benefits you need, a long-term disability lawyer serving St. Catharines with Preszler Injury Lawyers may be able to hold them to the obligations of your disability policy.
For a free, initial case evaluation, call Preszler Injury Lawyers today at (416) 364-2000.