10 Reasons to Call a Lawyer if You’ve Been Injured in a Dirt Bike Accident
A dirt bike accident can result in serious injuries, such as traumatic brain injury, spinal cord fractures, torn ligaments and even amputation. These catastrophic injuries can be costly to treat, both in the short and long term, and result in lost income.
If you were injured in a dirt bike accident, contact a lawyer. Below are 10 reasons to do so:
1. Time is running out to file a claim – There are strict time limits for filing any accident or injury claim in Ontario. You must allow enough time to notify your insurance company and any defendants you intend to sue. A lawyer can ensure you hit those deadlines.
2. Medical and therapeutic expenses can pile up – Your medical bills and expenses quickly can get out of hand after a dirt bike accident. A lawyer can fight for the compensation you need to address all of your past and long-term medical costs.
3. You may have a right to lost wages – You may be entitled to reimbursement for lost income. A lawyer can help you calculate a fair value for your lost wages.
4. Experience matters in an injury case – An injury lawyer devotes his or her career to learning the ins and outs of personal injury law. There is no substitute for this level of experience.
5. The insurance company may undervalue your claim – A lawyer can assess your claim to determine if the initial settlement offer is fair or insufficient. The lawyer then can build a case that supports your right to additional monetary coverage.
6. The defendant may have secured a lawyer – The person or company who caused your injuries may have secured legal counsel already. You shouldn’t go into negotiations without an advocate.
7. Investigations are time consuming – It can take hours upon hours to collect the evidence you’ll need to substantiate your claim. A lawyer has the resources to devote to a thorough investigation of your case.
8. It is surprisingly easy to damage a claim – Comments made to an insurance adjuster, the defendant or even via social media can undermine the integrity of your case. A lawyer can instruct you on what you can do to protect the monetary value of your claim, including how to talk to insurance companies.
9. The value of your claim depends on it – A lawyer can fight for comprehensive compensation that addresses both immediate and long-term financial needs and accident losses.
10. There’s no cost to learn whether you have a case – Many lawyers provide a free case evaluation or consultation for victims of an accident. This allows a no-obligation opportunity to learn about the legal options available.
Have you recently suffered serious injuries in a dirt bike accident in Ontario? The Preszler Injury Lawyers has more than 60 years’ experience helping injury victims pursue financial recovery. Call 1-800-JUSTICE® or complete our online case evaluation form to schedule a free evaluation of your dirt bike accident with a lawyer. You will not be charged unless we win or settle your case.